"⁣Supra goes Madrid" - Toyota Europe invites to drive the new A90

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
This car has a sport/comfort mode, as well as the option to deactivate stop/start

Does anyone know whether these will need to be changed each time the car is started, or will it remember your choice of driving settings?

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
This car has a sport/comfort mode, as well as the option to deactivate stop/start

Does anyone know whether these will need to be changed each time the car is started, or will it remember your choice of driving settings?
Gauging from my Dad’s BMW, it’ll retain your setting and you won’t have to set them everytime you get back in the car. However my IS350Fsport would never retain the setting once I shut it down. Maybe this is one thing Toyota changed... lol

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Depends if modes affect mileage targets. Many times the car is rated on fuel economy in the eco setting and as such becomes the default setting due to mandates.

Not all cars are that way though.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Thanks guys!! Appreciate the insight. My 2010 Benz is still a very old school car in that regard. A transmission mode button, traction and that's it.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys!! Appreciate the insight. My 2010 Benz is still a very old school car in that regard. A transmission mode button, traction and that's it.
Yeah.. my shelby will loose the setting after turning it off. My Z06 however will retain the sport mode setting after turning it off but will default to Sport mode if I was driving in ‘track’ mode. I’ve never checked this in my Viper.... got me curious now. Lol

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
On the F22(2 series) and F30(3 series) you CANNOT set it to default to anything other then comfort mode. I guess BMW set it up this way so they get CAFE points from the NHTSA from what I read. Not sure if that has changed with the introduction of the G-series(5/7)/F90(M5) or the new M2C. I doubt it though.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah.. my shelby will loose the setting after turning it off. My Z06 however will retain the sport mode setting after turning it off but will default to Sport mode if I was driving in ‘track’ mode. I’ve never checked this in my Viper.... got me curious now. Lol
I foresee a white 6.2 powered AMG in your future... I think you'd enjoy and would suit your current line-up well :p

Either way... a flash tune should be able to rectify any drive mode issues.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I foresee a white 6.2 powered AMG in your future... I think you'd enjoy and would suit your current line-up well :p

Either way... a flash tune should be able to rectify any drive mode issues.
Although I’d love a AMG E class wagon... I may not go the German route after all unless it’s a P car. I may cave and end up with a ND Miata one day soon.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Although I’d love a AMG E class wagon... I may not go the German route after all unless it’s a P car. I may cave and end up with a ND Miata one day soon.
would you consider an Alfa?
maxresdefault (4).jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.