New Toyota Supra shown to EU dealers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Jaguar F-Type S Coupe
Could the car that was shown to EU dealers be a prototype? Like the 89 NS-X prototype?

Mostly likely, just like the LC500 shown at NAIAS 2016. It wasn't the full deal, but a "production concept". In those cases, pilot production hasn't even started, so showing a hand built pre-production running prototype or 1:1 styling mockup makes the most sense due to timing.

This was the case with the NS-X Concept and NAIAS 2016 showing of the LC 500, as although the final design was completed by early 1988, it was far from done on the engineering side of things (eng. sign-off was circa January 1990), by December 1988 and the Chicago show was less than 2 months away in February 1989. They basically showed a running version of the

NS-X 1:1 Styling Proposal 1987.(Won't post photos of final choice in 1987)

NS-X 1987.png

View attachment 4895
Acura NS-X Prototype February 1989; Built December 1988

1991 Acura NSX, built post-August 1990

When engineering sign-off takes place in 2018, you will start to see the 100% production-spec car. Doesn't really matter anyway, as what they have is 99% identical to production. The design was frozen almost 3 years ago and set in the 3rd quarter of 2014. Really shouldn't be taking this long, as a 2014 design approval is too early for a MY2020. (I digress)

Example: Lexus LF-LC Concept January 9, 2012 NAIAS; Hand-assembled November 2011.

950A Programme Prototype of URZ100 coupe; Hand-assembled by 950A Team in 2015 at Aichi HQ (Was a little bit of a concept, based on the prod. car)

MY 2018 Lexus LC 500 coupe (URZ100), Production-Spec, built post March 2017 at Motomachi (Try to spot the differences)

Notice there are very minute, yet still very minute differences between the Motomachi built cars versus the hand-assembled in 2015 prototype show models and obviously LF-LC? That is likely what can be shown to dealers as a running example or maybe just a non-running fibreglass mock-up.

On another note, I have these gems from both the coupe in 2010 and the 200B Lexus programme for the LS (XF50) back in 2013. Does this look familiar? Think 2015 Tokyo Motor Show ;)
200B 1;1 Exterior Clay 2013.jpg 950A Early quarter.jpg 950A Early Rear.jpg 950A Early Front.png 950A Early.jpg
Thanks for sharing. Do you have anything "Supra" related? :D
You are welcome! Well I do have Supra related stuff, but nothing from this decade lol! Sorry! Only for Mk.II, MKIII and MKIV.

I love it :love: Looks very LFAish in the rear. :)
Yeah, first thing I thought. Even existed without a Spindle Grille in early sketching. Always knew the LFA served as primarily inspiration for this car, like the MKIV served as inspiration for the FT-1. For the final LF-LC, they were also looking at Aston Martn's One-77 for sure.

@Carmaker1, have you seen the new Supra? If so, anything you share with us?
Sorry, I wish! I do know someone who has though and he won't spill on it. Knows that I post under Carmaker1 (follows me online), so he stopped saying things about progress a while back due to sensitivity over his proximity with insider knowledge.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No news these days hm? :(

Everybody is in Christmas mode
That and we're coming up on 4 years since the FT-1 debut. All types of rumors + scenario's about this car have been touched and repeated at this point.

Unless more leaked info. is shared or Toyota gives us something, it may be quite for a while.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Source: German Toyota Supra Community: https://www.toyota-supra.de/blogs/post/70/neuer-toyota-supra-erstmalig-den-handlern-vorgestellt

Translation:

On Wednesday, the 29th of November, Toyota's dealership meeting took place in Copenhagen and we would not be a Toyota Supra Community, if we did not have some more information and could confirm this firsthand.

The event was split into an international and national business meeting, where Toyota's strategies and goals were presented until 2021.

Often longtime Toyota vehicle owners have criticized the emotionless vehicle strategy of Toyota, but as one of the three strategic cornerstones is called "emotions", which should be accompanied, inter alia, by the well-known Waku Doki philosophy and the Gazoo Racing.

In addition to information on the B-SUV or the new 2021er Hybrid Highlander, also the almost final model of the new Toyota Supra was presented. So that no photos could be made, all visitors had to hand over their smartphones.

To everyone's surprise, the new Toyota Supra was presented with the words "This is the new Supra," by Akio Toyoda in person, because a presentation / publication was not pre-announced at the meeting.

blog_image_5a25367656197.jpg

According to the statement, the digitally processed vehicle (see above) most closely resembles the presented new Toyota Supra.
Sale only in 2019 and with a capacity of 340hp

The new Toyota should be until 2019 at our dealers to buy. Initially, BMW will offer its new Z4 model developed in cooperation with Toyota, followed by the new Toyota Supra one year later.

There should be two variants with different tail lights. The top model should have a power of 340hp, but no hybrid. Because the presentation presented to us will make the Highlander with 280 hp the most powerful hybrid model out of the house.
someone should've used a backup phone to take a pic!

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
what's wrong with the sound?
Assuming you are asking about the flat 4 in the twins - I find it harsh, crude, and unappealing, more suited to farm machinery than a sports car. IIRC even the head GT86 engineer at Toyota conceded in an interview that it could use some sonic improvement. The STI is a bit harsh as well but the tones added by the UEL make it more acceptable.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Assuming you are asking about the flat 4 in the twins - I find it harsh, crude, and unappealing, more suited to farm machinery than a sports car. IIRC even the head GT86 engineer at Toyota conceded in an interview that it could use some sonic improvement. The STI is a bit harsh as well but the tones added by the UEL make it more acceptable.
I mean, i'll admit the 4AG sounds better

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner
I've been following this forum for a long time and decided to join. All the renderings that everyone has created are amazing but does anyone think that the front end could be some type of 3D printed mold to throw everyone off? I think the change from the FT-1 concept to the renderings that are shown are slightly disappointing. I'm anticipating that when they do drop the cloth on this car it's going to be nothing short of amazing. Let's go, Supra!

Status
Not open for further replies.