Calling all lowered Supra owners. What’s your dealership service experience?

Eclipsegc

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra - Nitro Yellow
I haven’t seen such a topic brought up on this forum, but here is my experience. What has been yours?

Before I had my break in oil changed, I got the car lowered on eibach springs so I can get my alignment and oil change at the same time. I brought the car to the original dealership where I purchased it and did not have any issues getting the oil change. The representative only said “So, you lowered your car. We had to use the alignment rack to lift the car, our lifts don’t go that low.” After winter ended, I went to the same dealership to get an oil change because the car had been sitting without running for months. But this time, the technician who was assigned said he didn’t want to risk damaging the car and to go find a shop that suites lowered cars. Or contact the manager to get approval so he isn’t liable. I went to a different dealership and immediately mentioned the car was lowered and they did not even want to deal with me. The representative said we aren’t even going to touch the car since it’s been lowered. Now I am in a hard place figuring out where to take the car to get worked on. Everybody at the dealerships were super cool, nothing against them.
I live in the SI/NYC/NJ area, so if anybody knows a experienced place to go that would be great :)
Sponsored

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
never had an issue, although I did bring my 2x4s to help get it on the lift LOL

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I've had my car lowered for awhile now and dealership hasn't had any issues doing the oil change. They were actually encouraging modding the car and stated they can only deny claims if the mods caused the problem

OP
OP
Eclipsegc

Eclipsegc

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very interesting, probably just some bad luck on my side. I will be visiting another dealership slightly farther away in the coming week. I really enjoying driving the car so doesn’t matter to me how far.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Went to the dealer once, no issue.

After winter ended, I went to the same dealership to get an oil change because the car had been sitting without running for months.
I'm more interested in this little gem. 😳

aydoh91

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
My dealership told me my car was too low to get on the lift. So they were about to send me home. Thank god I had airlift LOL. Raised it up and they were more than happy to do my oil change haha

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Dealership I go to I should state, knows a lot of Toyota employees go there. They really do try and make us happy because working at a local plant that produces a lot of their sales, they don't want negative feedback getting around

OP
OP
Eclipsegc

Eclipsegc

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What dealership is this? I’m in the same area
Original dealership was at NJ Toyota Autoland. Afterwards, I tried the dealership near me on Staten Island.

Regulator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buick Regal, Jeep Grand Cherokee
My dealership indicated that they couldn’t do my oil change last week. I’ve got pro kits also. I’m going to do my own oil change now.

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Original dealership was at NJ Toyota Autoland. Afterwards, I tried the dealership near me on Staten Island.
You can try Parkway Toyota at englewood cliffs, theyve been ok with aftermarket supras. but I'd call just to double check since it might be far from you
Sponsored