Dealership Mistake

ry0de

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had the Michellin Pilot Sport All Season 4 installed in my car. My rear driver side tire had a nail recently and I had it replaced under warranty but they installed the Michellin Pilot Sport 4S instead. So now I got 3 All Season 4 and one 4S. Should I be concerned about driving with this? I have an old 4S tire that has about 20k miles on it and I was considering switching at least the rear tire.

Basically Toyota says they won’t take back the tire they mounted. What should my next step be?
Sponsored

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
They must correct their mistake, it's a safety concern, tell them they're not remotely the same tire, one is a high performance summer tire, one is an all season. And the whole point of tire warranty is to replace it with the right tire... If they're still being dense, let them know they'll be paying a whole lot more for your car and your injury if you crash in the rain cuz of their negligence.

OP
OP

ry0de

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
They must correct their mistake, it's a safety concern, tell them they're not remotely the same tire, one is a high performance summer tire, one is an all season. And the whole point of tire warranty is to replace it with the right tire... If they're still being dense, let them know they'll be paying a whole lot more for your car and your injury if you crash in the rain cuz of their negligence.
They told me that since I drove away that they can’t change it now. What’s my next step?

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
They told me that since I drove away that they can’t change it now. What’s my next step?
Tell them that's not how it works, get what they said in writing through email. Is the warranty with Toyota or the dealer? If it's Toyota, get the evidence in writing, replace the tire yourself with a new one and then forward the bill and evidence to Toyota to let them reimburse you. If it's the dealer, you will be seeing them in small claims court.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
They've created a dangerous safety situation mixing summer and all-season tires, which should NEVER be done on a car. It affects stability under braking and turning.

If they do not play ball, you may have to take it up with Toyota corporate.

OP
OP

ry0de

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
They've created a dangerous safety situation mixing summer and all-season tires, which should NEVER be done on a car. It affects stability under braking and turning.

If they do not play ball, you may have to take it up with Toyota corporate.
I found out it was because I had mismatched tires to begin with. I ordered the AS4 and had them installed at a discount tire, and they installed the incorrect ones. I went to a different discount tire so that they could help me out. They ordered brand-new tires for me free of charge. This whole time I thought the handling was much worse compared to the stock super sports, but now I know it's cause my tires were mismatched 😂. At least it's getting fixed tomorrow!

Front Passenger: 255/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - non-S version (correct tire size, but wrong tire type. It should all be the All Season 4).

Front Driver: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot All Season 4 (correct tire type, but wrong tire size).

Rear Passenger: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (this is the tire I wanted).

Rear Driver: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s (correct tire size, but wrong tire type, this is the one Toyota replaced).

That's my tire specs as of right now. Super unsafe to be driving with uneven tires and different types.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Front Passenger: 255/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - non-S version (correct tire size, but wrong tire type. It should all be the All Season 4).

Front Driver: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot All Season 4 (correct tire type, but wrong tire size).

Rear Passenger: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 (this is the tire I wanted).

Rear Driver: 275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s (correct tire size, but wrong tire type, this is the one Toyota replaced).

That's my tire specs as of right now. Super unsafe to be driving with uneven tires and different types.
How the fuck does someone screw up that bad?!? This level of stupid is why total fat is listed in the nutrition facts on a bottle of water.
Sponsored