Deciding when to tune?

vpmnt

First Name
Van Pein
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
How long after you bought your supra did you decided to start tuning it? Any issues with your tune so far?
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Can you list your mods? And have anyone tried race chips GTS black yet?
Pure800 turbo upgrade
Activeautowerke Catted DP
Akrapovic evolution exhaust
MST intake
Forge charge pipe
AEM WMI (Still did not fill & run)
93 octane gas + Boostane mix

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
I remember tuning my car after 4-5 months with bootmod3 stage 1 on stock hardware

the difference was day and night and I wish I could've done it sooner as well, everything was smooth as it could be and with more excitement

And now am running OTS stg2 with the required hardware and same story

bryanole27

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I just installed an intake, and will be adding a catted downpipe and hopefully exhaust soon. Then a custom dyno tune will happen to bring it all together.

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I have the Titan Protune which is just a rebadge Race Chip GTS. It works well enough to give the car an extra bit of pep.
I was thinking about getting the race chip after getting an AA or CG catted dp.

I noticed that you live in NoVa, are there any good tuners around the area? Not many in the b’more area.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

I noticed that you live in NoVa, are there any good tuners around the area? Not many in the b’more area.
I have one for sale actually. Moving to ECUTEK for flex fuel support. Otherwise I would keep it. I have a PowerNeedy catted DP and MST intake on my car and with map 4, it's silly quick over stock.

As for tuners in the area, there is P2uned out in Winchester. They have worked on my car and they do a fantastic job.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

These cars remote tune fairly easy with just a few highway pulls to dial it in. So you don't always have to search around for a local tuner. =D

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

We work very closely and have dealers near you if you don't feel comfortable performing remote tuning.

We offer tuning for EcuTek and BM3. Would love to assist you with either option.

[email protected] - email
252-314-5604 - cell

cbegin

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
We offer tuning for EcuTek and BM3. Would love to assist you with either option.
I'm sold on EcuTek, but haven't been able to decide on a tuner. I have a local master tuner with a dyno, but I'd be their first Supra.

I've also had some sketch conversations with some online tuners. How do we know who the best remote tuners are? Does experience with the platform matter more than having a dyno (and no experience in the platform)?

Currently seems like my best option is to wait a year to see who comes out on top in terms of a balance of reliability, drivability and performance -- in that order.

Thoughts?

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I'm sold on EcuTek, but haven't been able to decide on a tuner. I have a local master tuner with a dyno, but I'd be their first Supra.

I've also had some sketch conversations with some online tuners. How do we know who the best remote tuners are? Does experience with the platform matter more than having a dyno (and no experience in the platform)?

Currently seems like my best option is to wait a year to see who comes out on top in terms of a balance of reliability, drivability and performance -- in that order.

Thoughts?
Experience with the platform matters more than anything. A dyno is simply a tool used for stationary tuning. Anyone can purchase a dyno. Choose a tuner who has a ton of experience with the MKV. There are a handful of us our there.

Ourselves, Payn and Botti are some of the best in the world and all have cars in the World's Fastest/Quickest Top 10. We've tuned dozens of them. I dont foresee reliability being sacrificed at all on a full bolt on stock turbo setup on these cars. The B58 is solid and you only begin to have trans slip in 6th gear when you make a lot of power. Big turbo or nitrous on stock turbo power.

Feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions. Id love to help you.

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 252-314-5604 - This is my personal cell phone, so please shoot me a text first if you'd like to have a call.

Thanks,

Marshall Brown