Did Eibach update their Pro Kit (US)? Less aggressive now?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Noticed on their site they’re showing a less aggressive drop than before? Previously it stated a 1.7/.12” drop front and rear. Not only does it now list the manual, but the drop is different for each AND less aggressive. Is this an adaptation of the EU kit? It’s the US part number….

https://eibach.com/product/E10-82-089-01-22

IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Tirerack still shows the original drop. The drop you show would be preferable to me, as would (possibly) the H&R's 1.0"F and .75"R drops.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Tirerack still shows the original drop. The drop you show would be preferable to me, as would (possibly) the H&R's 1.0"F and .75"R drops.
Going to contact Eibach tomorrow and inquire! Been a fan boy on all my other vehicles. Otherwise I agree; H&R may be the move. Wish Dinan wasn’t so expensive

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Going to contact Eibach tomorrow and inquire! Been a fan boy on all my other vehicles. Otherwise I agree; H&R may be the move. Wish Dinan wasn’t so expensive
I used Eibach springs in my Mazda 89 MX6 GT and 2014 Mazda 3S GT. The 89's ride was much softer than the ride in my 2014 3. My MX5 has Progress springs and adjustable Koni shocks. That is still a comfortable ride at the present Koni settings.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Eibach customer service seems less than stellar and a bit rude....they informed me

1. they haven't done iterations of the spring kit, its always been the same
2. tirerack and other sites listing a more extreme drop are just wrong
3. it doesnt lower the manual as much because of unsprung weight

I have no clue what they're goin on about honestly and that interaction alone has made me want to go Swift or H&R. Just wanted to follow up in case someone goes searching for this!

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Eibach z4 euro springs are nice. They have a .8" drop front and back and I think the feel great on the car for street use.
I’m so curious what official word is for those; some people cut the bumpstop. Some people say their kit has one included. Some leave the OEM bumpstop. I also realize people should never just cut the bumpstop, as it’s part of the suspension. Wish it was more clear!

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Mine did not come with bumpstops but did have the "silencers" installed on the rear springs. I cut the bumpstops which sounded better than hitting them on a regular basis. Only minor negative is front camber is-2.1 unless I get camber plates but I'm really happy.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Mine did not come with bumpstops but did have the "silencers" installed on the rear springs. I cut the bumpstops which sounded better than hitting them on a regular basis. Only minor negative is front camber is-2.1 unless I get camber plates but I'm really happy.
Plenty of other springs are a lot lower and don't need the bumps trimmed (swift, H&R etc). So do they need to be?

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's my understanding that a couple of other guys didn't trim them and regretted it / cut them. We'd have to dig up the old z4 spring thread to find names.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eibach customer service seems less than stellar and a bit rude....they informed me

1. they haven't done iterations of the spring kit, its always been the same
2. tirerack and other sites listing a more extreme drop are just wrong
3. it doesnt lower the manual as much because of unsprung weight

I have no clue what they're goin on about honestly and that interaction alone has made me want to go Swift or H&R. Just wanted to follow up in case someone goes searching for this!
Regarding #2: I just called Tirerack, and the person with whom I spoke explained that the 1.7"F and 1.2"R drop heights listed in their site represents an average drop on all vehicles, not specifically the GR Supra. For the automatic 3.0 Supra's the drop is 1.3"F and 1.0"R. The cost is the same at Eibach,com and Tirerack.com
I'm leaning towards these Eibachs as my next purchase, this year.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Regarding #2: I just called Tirerack, and the person with whom I spoke explained that the 1.7"F and 1.2"R drop heights listed in their site represents an average drop on all vehicles, not specifically the GR Supra. For the automatic 3.0 Supra's the drop is 1.3"F and 1.0"R. The cost is the same at Eibach,com and Tirerack.com
I'm leaning towards these Eibachs as my next purchase, this year.
Tirerack customer service is great…not sure what ‘average on all vehicles’ means haha. Like all Supra models? Or like the Supra and also the Dodge Ram??

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tirerack customer service is great…not sure what ‘average on all vehicles’ means haha. Like all Supra models? Or like the Supra and also the Dodge Ram??
It is a bit puzzling because how do we know how many different models of vehicles use the same springs? The Tirerack rep made me believe that there ARE other vehicle models that use the same part number.
Eibach's drop numbers 1.3" and 1.0" are likely what we would see on our automatic 3.0 Supras.

Last edited:

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Plenty of other springs are a lot lower and don't need the bumps trimmed (swift, H&R etc). So do they need to be?
It's my understanding that a couple of other guys didn't trim them and regretted it / cut them. We'd have to dig up the old z4 spring thread to find names.
I am one of those people that didn't cut the bump stop when i installed the euro eibach springs. I never bottomed out to hit the bump stop. the drop is not aggressive enough for that. and the streets of my city is brutal lol it rides like oem only a bit sportier
Sponsored