DO NOT Buy A Steering Wheel From "VQCarbonCustoms"

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Honestly it just sounds like you need to be more patient. This is a custom product, they estimated it would be 5 weeks, and on week 6 you're hitting them with multiple emails, calls, and texts demanding to know where your order is? I mean c'mon...if it had been 10 weeks then fine, but it sounds like you just need to calm down a bit and leave them alone. Missing a rough ship date estimate by 20% is literally nothing and happens all the time from every supplier.
Sponsored

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Honestly it just sounds like you need to be more patient. This is a custom product, they estimated it would be 5 weeks, and on week 6 you're hitting them with multiple emails, calls, and texts demanding to know where your order is? I mean c'mon...if it had been 10 weeks then fine, but it sounds like you just need to calm down a bit and leave them alone. Missing a rough ship date estimate by 20% is literally nothing and happens all the time from every supplier.
I thought the same thing.

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
We make our wheels in the US fully custom (4 weeks), we also stock the most common setups so they ship within 2 business days. Our prices for BMW steering wheels start at $699 for stocked setups and $799 for custom builds.

If there is enough demand for Supra steering wheels, we'll start offering it for this platform as well
I’d buy one

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
We make our wheels in the US fully custom (4 weeks), we also stock the most common setups so they ship within 2 business days. Our prices for BMW steering wheels start at $699 for stocked setups and $799 for custom builds.

If there is enough demand for Supra steering wheels, we'll start offering it for this platform as well
Had no idea you guys make your wheels in house, that is a rare thing nowadays, do you guys take the core? And in regards to op, go to Ali express or Ali baba, Find the wheel you want, and just order directly, between me and like 4 buddies we can order the carbon non led wheel we want for under 500 a piece shipped, just takes some time to find the right seller. Good Luck op, and good shit EPH. Btw unrelated, I ordered some stuff from extreme, and besides a long ship, not their fault, it was coming directly from H&R, they are a great company to work with, and have some of the best pricing.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Had no idea you guys make your wheels in house, that is a rare thing nowadays, do you guys take the core? And in regards to op, go to Ali express or Ali baba, Find the wheel you want, and just order directly, between me and like 4 buddies we can order the carbon non led wheel we want for under 500 a piece shipped, just takes some time to find the right seller. Good Luck op, and good shit EPH. Btw unrelated, I ordered some stuff from extreme, and besides a long ship, not their fault, it was coming directly from H&R, they are a great company to work with, and have some of the best pricing.
For the BMW ones, we do not charge for the core nor take it back. The customer gets to keep the stock one and re-use prior to selling the car. I'll need to do more research on the Supra ones now that i know you guys are interested

I'm re-installing the stock steering wheel on my M4 and selling the upgraded steering wheel

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
I'm certainly interested in a wheel upgrade.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
First rule in setting timelines for customers: under promise, over deliver. Anything less than that is asking for 100% valid complaints.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
First rule in setting timelines for customers: under promise, over deliver. Anything less than that is asking for 100% valid complaints.
My take... sometimes products get delayed, and there is nothing the supplier can do about it. Things happen. BUT - the company needs to apologize, take ownership, and communicate effectively. I'm willing to bet the OP would not be upset if he received an email proactively explaining the situation and delay.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
My take... sometimes products get delayed, and there is nothing the supplier can do about it. Things happen. BUT - the company needs to apologize, take ownership, and communicate effectively. I'm willing to bet the OP would not be upset if he received an email proactively explaining the situation and delay.
Absolutely. If it's going to be late, even a simple email helps a ton. If It's overdue, the company isn't responsive, and there's no reason or adjusted ETA... Asking for unhappy customers.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I checked my cost on the cores and how much work this steering wheel needs, it's pricier and requires more work than the BMW M steering wheel. If we were to offer a steering wheel upgrade with squared bottom, gloss carbon, leather, or Alcantara material the price would be around $999 shipped (no wait time)
Please let me know your honest feedback and if you are still interested we can start the work

jonesxlv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition
I checked my cost on the cores and how much work this steering wheel needs, it's pricier and requires more work than the BMW M steering wheel. If we were to offer a steering wheel upgrade with squared bottom, gloss carbon, leather, or Alcantara material the price would be around $999 shipped (no wait time)
Please let me know your honest feedback and if you are still interested we can start the work
If these are OEM (or OEM-like) cores and there is minimal wait time, I am 100% interested.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Yeah I wouldn't mind if they are truly US made and not from China. Rather support a US company and products if possible.