DO NOT Buy A Steering Wheel From "VQCarbonCustoms"

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Looks good! I want to get one but they seem really expensive. The quote they gave me was $1650 if they supply the core / $1250 if I send it in. This was for leather wrapped, no carbon bits or paddles or Alcantara or anything else fancy.

Does that seem high or am I delusional? Lol it does look like nice quality tho
No that actually sounds about right because you have to understand they’re actually buying OEM cores from Toyota. They’re not purchasing some cheap turd made in China or God knows where else. But you have to also understand that every single one of these is a simple by hand. Plus the grips 10 an 2 Are much thicker as well. I understand it does seem a little salty but you get a pretty decent warranty with it and yes I understand one year doesn’t seem like much but that’s better than nothing and you also get some pretty damn good quality with it. That cost mind you also includes shipping
Sponsored

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I received my steering wheel from VQcarbonCustoms on 4/26. Ordered a custom wheel to match my A91 Refraction Blue on 2/21. The blue is just a generic blue from his website and the stitching doesn't match my existing color. I waited two months to just receive some generic wheel. He said I could return it for a lighter blue, but at this point I just want my money back. I asked for a return label several days ago. I decided to just open a billing dispute today and try to order from another company.

Maybe the photos hide it, but that looks just like mine and I have zero complaints. If you put that wheel on and are that upset... Don't modify your car and be happy with what you have. Seriously.

xyros

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Supra
Maybe the photos hide it, but that looks just like mine and I have zero complaints. If you put that wheel on and are that upset... Don't modify your car and be happy with what you have. Seriously.
You probably didn't look at the pictures close enough. I never installed the wheel. The pictures are from my existing wheel to compare the color differences. Clearly, the stitching doesn't match. I have a friend who couldn't tell the difference either, but he's color blind.

I was under the impression that these were made in the US when I ordered from VQ. The main reason I returned it was because I'm not paying custom prices for a generic Chinese wheel.

I'm now looking for other options.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I bought my M4's steering wheel direct from China. It took a long time to get delivered but once I got it I was happy with it. The quality was not great but it was good enough, especially for the price.

Exactly 1 year later the steering wheel cracked, Every dollar I spent is now gone. Shipping it back to them to get it fixed will cost almost as much as the steering wheel and they were not even interested in doing the repair for free as these products come without any real warranty.

I was still happy with my choice because US vendors were charging 2-3 times the price of what I paid.

That's why we started offering our own line. It's a couple of hundred dollars more than getting it direct but you get a full warranty with it, better quality builds, and faster shipping.

At the end of the day, as long as you know what you are paying for, there is no wrong choice whether you get it from China or US.

The only wrong thing here is making general claims that all steering wheels are made in China. That's just not true. Some vendors get steering wheels from China and sell them, others have them done in the US. Us & Dinmann Carbon are 2 examples, I'm sure there are many more.

Lithic

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1988
The only way for any US vendors to prove they have their products made in the US is to post factory and assembly line pictures, without those, they can preach with pretty words all they want and no one will believe them.

We want to see receipt of raw materials, build processes turning those into finished products with visible proof the factories are located in the US. There shouldn't be any NDAs or proprietary manufacturing techniques that need to be hidden. If Koeniggesegg can post detailed uncensored photos/vidoes of their entire factory line up (in some videos they literally build a carbon fiber rim whilst showing the patterns they use on camera), a company making simple steering wheels should have ZERO issues posting detailed uncensored photos of their claimed in house manufacturing.

Hell, I've gotten away with posting pictures of private rocket manufacturing and assembly lines and that shit IS protected by several federal laws.

Period.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
The only way for any US vendors to prove they have their products made in the US is to post factory and assembly line pictures, without those, they can preach with pretty words all they want and no one will believe them.

We want to see receipt of raw materials, build processes turning those into finished products with visible proof the factories are located in the US. There shouldn't be any NDAs or proprietary manufacturing techniques that need to be hidden. If Koeniggesegg can post detailed uncensored photos/vidoes of their entire factory line up (in some videos they literally build a carbon fiber rim whilst showing the patterns they use on camera), a company making simple steering wheels should have ZERO issues posting detailed uncensored photos of their claimed in house manufacturing.

Hell, I've gotten away with posting pictures of private rocket manufacturing and assembly lines and that shit IS protected by several federal laws.

Period.
So we offer 18 000 products online, are we asked to provide all that anytime customers wants us to? That does not sound reasonable, to be honest.

The wheels are made in FL; I'm more than happy to have the tech show you or anyone else how it's done. There are no production lines; this is not a huge operation.
We use a local tech in Florida; his name is Irsell. He's actually quite popular in the area as he has been offering custom wheels to local customers for years.

I'll ask him to make a video, but there is no guarantee as this is a side job that he does from his garage that he turned into a workshop.
If we are getting wheels from China,
1- I would not be paying Irsell for it. I would get them directly from China to my warehouse
2- We offer custom wheels with hundreds of different combinations. I don't see how we can do that with wheels flowing internationally.
3- warranty and non-warranty repairs are done in a matter of days and shipped back to customers

Again, you or anyone else are welcome to check it out and post all about it on the forum.

Here is a picture of the core before the work starts
0527.jpg

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I bought my M4's steering wheel direct from China. It took a long time to get delivered but once I got it I was happy with it. The quality was not great but it was good enough, especially for the price.

Exactly 1 year later the steering wheel cracked, Every dollar I spent is now gone. Shipping it back to them to get it fixed will cost almost as much as the steering wheel and they were not even interested in doing the repair for free as these products come without any real warranty.

I was still happy with my choice because US vendors were charging 2-3 times the price of what I paid.

That's why we started offering our own line. It's a couple of hundred dollars more than getting it direct but you get a full warranty with it, better quality builds, and faster shipping.

At the end of the day, as long as you know what you are paying for, there is no wrong choice whether you get it from China or US.

The only wrong thing here is making general claims that all steering wheels are made in China. That's just not true. Some vendors get steering wheels from China and sell them, others have them done in the US. Us & Dinmann Carbon are 2 examples, I'm sure there are many more.
I’m looking forward to your GR Supra steering wheel. I will gladly pay a little more knowing its made here in the US and that you stand behind your product.

RJM

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I’m looking forward to your GR Supra steering wheel. I will gladly pay a little more knowing its made here in the US and that you stand behind your product.

RJM
Thank you :thumbsup:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
it's a steering wheel that is meant to fit a supra. What differences did you want to see?

If you want to save money and have no warranty there are a ton of options. Some pay more for peace of mind.

Dan 2.0

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 2.0 (Sold); Awaiting 3.0 Allocation
The claim that the wheels are made in the US was already called into question. If the fact that they exactly match the Taiwanese-made wheels in shape, materials, and color options isn't damning enough evidence, I don't know what is.

Besides, only the cheaper wheel's product page even mentions a warranty, so I don't know what that extra $300 gets you.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Don't they all use factory cores? I thought they all used factory cores. I haven't looked into this for a while, but they should absolutely identical. The differences would be in quality of CF, assembly, leather, etc. etc.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I buy and sell wheels, for cheap, I work directly with a company a company in tawian, we only use OEM cores, so yes the difference is between the carbon and material on top. not all of them use oem cores and that is when safety comes into question. For the price point we sell ours at I think quality is great, is it 100% perfect with 0 imperfections on every wheel, no, of course not, but that is why I charge between 6-800 for them shipped, because quality matches the wheels that some of these companies sell for 1000-1300+ for the same Taiwanese wheel.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it's a steering wheel that is meant to fit a supra. What differences did you want to see?

If you want to save money and have no warranty there are a ton of options. Some pay more for peace of mind.
Look at my comparison post. The bulging at the 4 corners where the leather transitions to the CF would drive me nuts.

-RJM
Sponsored