Do you need a tune with Pure800 turbo?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
I've talked to Pure Drivetrain Solutions about their stage 1 transmissions and people not having issues.

I was going to try to reach out to Pure Turbos to see if they had any input for this. I'd rather have everything in and ready to go for a tune once the car gets unlocked (or if I just cave and get a JB4).

But I already know the answer to the question is going to be no. It just too big of a change.
somewhat unrelated, but Im looking at Pure Transmissions to do the build in my Supercharged Gladiator box so i can let the TVS off the chain.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Isn’t it obvious though ?
it isnt to many people. It wasnt to you, at one point, until someone told you.

this is going to be a lot of people’s first ”tuner” car and theres going to be lots of questions that seem basic to people.

for the high and mighty here, remember there was a time you knew nothing and were just flipping the pages of “import tuner” and “d sport” in barnes and noble to try and figure it out before going to pep boys and putting a fart cannon on your civic that you then held at 5500-7000 rpms for the rest of its miserable life. If people like me who worked at race shops and did tuning and the like can answer basic questions without being a dick, so can you. No one is too cool to be cool.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
I'll put this to rest. Tune is mentioned on their website under details for pure800. Don't think it needs to be even more obvious. It's already obnoxiously large font in bold.
it doesnt say anything about a tune being required. It says a tune was one of the mods listed to achieve a certain power level.

its obvious to us because we’ve been doing this for a bit. Put yourself back in your shoes when you were first learning about cars.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
it doesnt say anything about a tune being required. It says a tune was one of the mods listed to achieve a certain power level.
One upgrades a turbo to get to the certain power level not just to bolt it up to an engine so it looks pretty, no? I was operating under the impression that OP would want more power if he was to swap the Puree800 in. But I guess maybe OP wanted to just bolt it up to his engine so it looks pretty? If the latter, yes, go ahead should bolt right up. :dunno:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
One upgrades a turbo to get to the certain power level not just to bolt it up to an engine so it looks pretty, no? I was operating under the impression that OP would want more power if he was to swap the Puree800 in. But I guess maybe OP wanted to just bolt it up to his engine so it looks pretty? If the latter, yes, go ahead should bolt right up. :dunno:
i think this is probably his first tuner car and he doesnt have a clue what he needs, so he asked.

kinda like when someone has a shopping cart dragged down the side of the car badly enough it removes paint, and they ask if it can be buffed out. To people who have done paintwork, its obvious. If you havent, it isnt, so you ask.

thats what forums are for. Learning from people further along than we are.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
it isnt to many people. It wasnt to you, at one point, until someone told you.

this is going to be a lot of people’s first ”tuner” car and theres going to be lots of questions that seem basic to people.

for the high and mighty here, remember there was a time you knew nothing and were just flipping the pages of “import tuner” and “d sport” in barnes and noble to try and figure it out before going to pep boys and putting a fart cannon on your civic that you then held at 5500-7000 rpms for the rest of its miserable life. If people like me who worked at race shops and did tuning and the like can answer basic questions without being a dick, so can you. No one is too cool to be cool.
Well said. ?

-RJM

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If your asking this question, you really don’t need to be modding you’re car and just remain stock..............
This is one of the frustrating things with car communities recently. I've been out of the car modification game for nearly a decade while I was living in Brooklyn. 10-15 years ago, things were different. You'd use bigger injectors, a rising rate FPR, and a ton of other mechanical parts to provide fuel to the engine to produce more power. I understand how engines work and have been building them for a long time, but I don't understand all the various components of car tuning these days.

It takes little effort to be helpful rather than dismissive. We all had a 'day one.'

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
This is one of the frustrating things with car communities recently. I've been out of the car modification game for nearly a decade while I was living in Brooklyn. 10-15 years ago, things were different. You'd use bigger injectors, a rising rate FPR, and a ton of other mechanical parts to provide fuel to the engine to produce more power. I understand how engines work and have been building them for a long time, but I don't understand all the various components of car tuning these days.

It takes little effort to be helpful rather than dismissive. We all had a 'day one.'
what’s funny is that has you abbreviated it down to RRFPR, 85%+ of people shit talking you wouldnt have a clue what you were talking about.

and the first question all of them ask about their new bro-t00n is “will this void my warranty??”“ or “reflashed and now hav a flat tire!! Wtf!!! T00nuR X sucks!!!”

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Sure, but if they're new to tuning they won't know, or new to tuning newer cars things are way different. If you take an older model car and slap a turbo on it, there's no ECU to "tune." You had to handle things mechanically. XKCD handles this topic nicely.
Sponsored