max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
There is nothing that can be done to 3.0 to mimic the engine placement of 2.0, they are just in different place.
Nope......Einstein tried his a$$ off to make his 3.0 handle up front like the 2.0 BUT had to settle for his "theory of relativity".....

BOOM.....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Sponsored

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I am so close to buying a 3.0 premium but i am skeptical about spending that much money. All u 2.0 owners what do u think of ur car? Any regrets? Is it pretty quick still

Its very simple, if you are wanting/needing to be at the top of the food chain, you must buy the 3.0 because its super fast stock and a few items away from insane--stupid fast. The 2.0 is fun but it has a lower ceiling, a fast ceiling, but even with a dp and tuning it will not be anywhere near a tuned 3.0. Not even close.

BUT

If you are not going to be racing every Hellcat you see, then the 2.0 will still be fun and will be as fast or faster than 90% of the cars out there. And... you'll still get all the phone numbers haha

In my opinion as a 2.0 owner, wait and try to get an awesome deal on a used 2021 3.0 later this year. My next car will be a Supra 3.0

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Although I bought a 3.0 and I donā€™t regret buying it rather than a 2.0, had I bought a 2.0, I DONā€™T think Iā€™d regret it at all.

Go buy a 2.0 and drive the hell out of it.
How's the insurance on the 3.0? I was shocked that my insurance on the 2.0 is extremely cheap. I'm paying WAY LESS with the 2.0 than I was on my 2015 ATS! Probably because of all the safety tech, so is the 3.0 similar? For reference, I'm paying $89/month on the 2021 Supra 2.0

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
How's the insurance on the 3.0? I was shocked that my insurance on the 2.0 is extremely cheap. I'm paying WAY LESS with the 2.0 than I was on my 2015 ATS! Probably because of all the safety tech, so is the 3.0 similar? For reference, I'm paying $89/month on the 2021 Supra 2.0
I pay about that for mine, but is hard to compare insurance because of the individual way itā€™s calculated. Iā€™m a comparatively low risk, so my rate isnā€™t too bad.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
If you are not going to be racing every Hellcat you see, then the 2.0 will still be fun and will be as fast or faster than 90% of the cars out there. And... you'll still get all the phone numbers haha
Absolutely on the numbers.....lol

There is one extra fun factor for the 2.0........most non-diehard Scatpack, Camaro SS, Mustang 5.0, drivers can't tell the difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 Supra at a glance. Since having the car, many have pulled up on my bumper even though still breaking it in and temp tag clearly in the back window. However, came upon an "unsuspecting" Camaro SS with obvious exhaust and once he noticed me behind him, I nailed the pedal to the floor(in Sport) and shot around him like nobody's business! Was actually surprised at the get up and go of the 2.0 but knew it was in there somewhere......Camaro stopped revving his exhaust and proceeded to "grandma" drive until I turned off on my street.........HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..That was fun!!!!!!!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Love my 2.0 plenty fast, one huge complainā€¦single piston front calipers???
Really Toyotaā€¦..WTFā€¦ā€¦this is not 1989ā€¦

9FE5DB5A-7879-4493-A989-EE2516EE0184.jpeg
Yea it's a little insulting that for less money you can get an STI with AWD and 6 pot brembos up front and 2 pots in the rear. I'm actually disappointed my 3.0 didn't come with rear brembos.

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Absolutely on the numbers.....lol

There is one extra fun factor for the 2.0........most non-diehard Scatpack, Camaro SS, Mustang 5.0, drivers can't tell the difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 Supra at a glance. Since having the car, many have pulled up on my bumper even though still breaking it in and temp tag clearly in the back window. However, came upon an "unsuspecting" Camaro SS with obvious exhaust and once he noticed me behind him, I nailed the pedal to the floor(in Sport) and shot around him like nobody's business! Was actually surprised at the get up and go of the 2.0 but knew it was in there somewhere......Camaro stopped revving his exhaust and proceeded to "grandma" drive until I turned off on my street.........HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..That was fun!!!!!!!
yeah on the higher speeds, triple digits, the 2.0 is very difficult to catch by any car.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
The 2.0 Supra is a great car and 50/50 weight distribution. The money saved compared to purchasing a 3.0 and 3.0 premium. You can get a great set of coilovers and sway bars and Titanium exhaust and light weight battery and wheels. The 2.0 would be a great track weapon.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
The 2.0 Supra is a great car and 50/50 weight distribution. The money saved compared to purchasing a 3.0 and 3.0 premium
You can feel that 50/50 in the curves.......

TBH, who doesn't want more power???? Even if I had a Dodge Demon with all that power, at some point, I would probably ask for more.....;)

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
You can feel that 50/50 in the curves.......

TBH, who doesn't want more power???? Even if I had a Dodge Demon with all that power, at some point, I would probably ask for more.....;)
Very true we always want more. But remember this there is always going to be someone faster and has more horsepower than you. ?

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Very true we always want more. But remember this there is always going to be someone faster and has more horsepower than you.
Yep......that realization was about 25% of my decision to get the 2.0., 15% was the nearly $8K saved vs a similar equipped 3.0, and the other 60% was I wanted a Supra....;)
Sponsored