A91 Edition Owners - Do you regret the missing HUD?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
agree to disagree :)
Sponsored

HenryA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction Blue A91
Not really, I would miss it if it had a tachometer. Although I was surprised to find out the limited edition gets stiffed on it.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Thanks all for the helpful responses!

Does your A91 edition have wireless charging? I found this article that indicates (at least in Canada) that is also missing on the A91.

Thanks again.
Not sure about Canada, but US spec does have wireless charging. i dont use it though because its so slow and making your phone really hot.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I had a HUD for the last 3 years so ive grown used to not having to look down to see my speed. In terms of the supra, it's not that big of a deal for me since the speedo is positioned higher compared to other cars. Other than the supra, i hate driving most cars without a HUD.

TLDR:
It would be nice to have but dont let the omission of it change your mind about getting an a91.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Is not a gimmick sorry but disagree.

The red warning ⚠ symbol the other day on HUD helped me avoid a near crash.

Plus the radio stations easy selection plus the cruise control Green bars closeness to other cars all make the driving experience more safer as eyes are firmly on the road and not down focused on other things.
Lol all that is 2 inches below on the speedo.

It's a gimmick.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Was hoping for some constructive debate but will agree to disagree on this one.
There isn't really anything to debate though. If you like the feature - cool. If you don't like the feature - cool. :dunno:

The warning on the windshield that you saw is just stage 1 warning. If you didn't do anything it would be followed by an audible beeping. If you didn't do anything then the car is gonna stop you on its own (or at at least that's the plan, I havent experienced this). So the fact that you saw the warning is not really relevant, imo.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
There isn't really anything to debate though. If you like the feature - cool. If you don't like the feature - cool. :dunno:

The warning on the windshield that you saw is just stage 1 warning. If you didn't do anything it would be followed by an audible beeping. If you didn't do anything then the car is gonna stop you on its own (or at at least that's the plan, I havent experienced this). So the fact that you saw the warning is not really relevant, imo.
My feeling is once you go HUD its hard to go back to a non HUD.

There is more than safety in HUD.

Lil Grey Supra

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Camaro - 427ci LSX turbo'd, 2016 RAM 2500, 2021 GR Supra 3.0 Prem
As a dude that's flown with a HUD for 29 years in the Air Force - I like it. I would like it more if had a tach or shift light but love not looking down to change the sirius station. I can't understand why you would leave something off that trim level. Choice is a great thing -

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
This is my first car with a hud. I'm really enjoying having the information up higher so my eyes are on the road more. Like others have said I wish there was more information shown.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I find the hud redundant. It shows the same information on the tach including navigation. If there's a way to only display certain things as opposed to the speed I'd be all for it. I do like being able to switch between xm stations on the hud however.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P

Completely untrue. If you believe this then don't brake at a redlight when you're behind a car and let's see if your car will stop on its own without ramming into the car in front of you.
Sponsored