Do you powerslide your A90?

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
IMHO, the A90 with B58 and Toyota influence just has that quintessential feel for sliding. Does anyone else run somewhat aggressive toe in the rear (.40 total rear) and feel how balanced the car can feel when sliding/slinging the rear outwards? Telepathy? Or am I lucky/crazy lucky lol?
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I don't as mine is a garage queen.
I did do a drifting experience in a 350Z and one day maybe when it's older, I'll give in šŸ˜…

OP
OP
Cyph

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
I don't as mine is a garage queen.
I did do a drifting experience in a 350Z and one day maybe when it's older, I'll give in šŸ˜…
Empty/safe parking lots are a garage queens love affair. Have some fun if youā€™re up for it. U either got it or ya donā€™t. All in good fun.

OP
OP
Cyph

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
Wheelbase shorter than the gr86 and ofc 3,300 lbs compared to BMWs M cars even since e46. Is it really the perfect BMW lol? Collabs when done right I guess

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I've had mine on the wet skidpad at the Lime Rock Park/FCP Euro proving grounds several times now. I am running several mods, including a small amount of toe-in in the rear.

I found that with my track tire pressure way too high , this car is a drift machine. Easy to initiate with a quick lift, punch, countersteer, maintain with the throttle. I was able to complete 2-laps sideways on the skidpad.

With the tires at optimal temp the car tends to snap itself out of the drift.

OP
OP
Cyph

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
I've had mine on the wet skidpad at the Lime Rock Park/FCP Euro proving grounds several times now. I am running several mods, including a small amount of toe-in in the rear.

I found that with my track tire pressure way too high , this car is a drift machine. Easy to initiate with a quick lift, punch, countersteer, maintain with the throttle. I was able to complete 2-laps sideways on the skidpad.

With the tires at optimal temp the car tends to snap itself out of the drift.
For me stock 300 tread has night and day difference when the tread wears down half way from 9/32 to 6/32 obviously for more experienced types. Maybe making sure caster bushings donā€™t suddenly wear like mine not sure why they did at 20k. Iā€™m new to it all but this car made me obsessed since last year.[/QUOTE]

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Yes, but I shredded a new set of PSSs way faster than Iā€™d like. Iā€™m refraining until my new tires are worn, then itā€™s all fair game.

The rain helps from both a tire wear standpoint and a comfort standpoint. Sliding in the dry is fun, but the grip is where it can get sketchy. Ask mustang drivers.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I get my car sideways all the timeā€¦

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
For me stock 300 tread has night and day difference when the tread wears down half way from 9/32 to 6/32 obviously for more experienced types. Maybe making sure caster bushings donā€™t suddenly wear like mine not sure why they did at 20k. Iā€™m new to it all but this car made me obsessed since last year.
I have SPL adjustable caster bushings, but I haven't seen the need to install them yet.

I'm definitely not drifting with this car. šŸ˜† Just finding the limits on a skid pad. My obsession is going fast on tracks with lots of turns for a few hours.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I don't go full TC/ESC off on the road, but Traction mode allows for some relatively tame slides at empty intersections (in Mexico of course). Fun, but I try not to make a habit of it.

The car's balance is excellent - correcting the slide is not difficult at all.

Probably will try the rainy parking lot once, but not interested in killing my PSSs already. Last time I did this was in a 992 GT3 at PEC though ;)
Sponsored