Downpipe, catback & intake question

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
Sorry if this is stupid but I'm new to modifying cars so just wanna make sure I don't mess anything up. I have a '23 MT and I want to install a downpipe, catback and an intake I want to know if I can just install these without a tune or CEL, since I don't want to ship my DME overseas and I have no clue what MHD, BM3 or JB4 do so I don't wanna mess around with them yet, thanks in advance
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
You can install all 3 without triggering a cel or require a tune. Catted dp that is, or armytrix, kenji catless dp works too.

Last edited:

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
2nd that I really like the Kenjigarage downpipe as it is catless with a cat spoof system in it so you don’t get the CEL it’s one of the most consistent at not triggering the CEL light. As you eventually ramp up boost with a JB4 or Tune you’ll want to replace the plastic charge pipe, they are just abs plastic. JB4 and manuals seem to have a bit of trouble though ColonelAdama has been working on JB4 with a manual to iron it out.

thehouseplant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 6MT, 2023 BMW 330i
Just did all of the above recently on my '23 MT and have had no issues. If you go with a catted downpipe like Active Autowerke, they effectively guarantee to not trigger a CEL. From the above posters, it sounds like you have options. None of these should put you in a position where you'd end up in that situation. As far as tunes go, I'm in your boat in waiting for JB4 and not wanting to ship the DME to Finland, so we'll see :)

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
@ColonelAdama has been tweaking the JB4 settings with manuals and has got some good results hopefully he can chime in with some color commentary

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
@Phantomx I could probably get JB4 working well enough on any MT car but it's not gonna be perfect. Occasional hiccup here and there.

Also, like Jesse said - it takes a lot of time and revisions, so I could give you a base map and a rev or two but it's too much work to not get paid for 😆 so you would want to learn diy

ATs are pretty easy so I don't mind.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
LOL just trying to help a brother make a few sheckles 😊

OP
OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
thanks, guys I'm thinking of getting Kenji catless (if they ship to Canada) with AWE resonated touring catback exhaust, any other downpipe recommendations if kenji doesn't ship to Canada? Also which sites do you guys buy from?

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I have a manual Supra with an HKS intake, AA catted downpipe and AWE exhaust, no tune, no issues with a CEL and the car sounds awesome. I want to tune it eventually but seeing how long I can hold off while it’s under warranty. It’s hard though lol

Last edited:

Suprachu

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Anniversary Edition MT Supra
thanks, guys I'm thinking of getting Kenji catless (if they ship to Canada) with AWE resonated touring catback exhaust, any other downpipe recommendations if kenji doesn't ship to Canada? Also which sites do you guys buy from?
Where abouts you from in Canada?! ... Maybe a few of us canucks can do a group buy

Last edited:
OP
OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
I have a manual Supra with an HKS intake, AA catted downpipe and AWE exhaust, no tube, no issues with a CEL and the car sounds awesome. I want to tune it eventually but seeing how long I can hold off while it’s under warranty. It’s hard though lol
Do you have any exhaust clips?

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I had the AA catted DP first and went Kenji catless it’s just better 😁

OP
OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
Unfortunately kenji doesn’t ship to Canada and I figured I should get catted since I live near a police station lol