Downpipe install

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Was going to do this myself but looks like the whole exhaust needs to come off and I don’t have a full car lift to manage that. Any shop recommendations in the Sacramento area to do this at a reasonable cost? Most likely going for the AA catted so maybe if I get it through them it might be cheaper overall. TIA
Sponsored

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
You dont need to take the whole exhaust off. Watch a different youtube video and it shows you that there is a different section connecting the exhaust and stockdown pipe that youll need to unbolt. Other than that youve got the vband connecting the downpipe and turbo, and the bolts holding the downpipe itself.

Edit: I did this with race ramps, a jack, and two jack stands. Just takes time and varies on how mechanic savvy you are.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Definitely don’t need to remove the whole exhaust. I’ve done it 4 times just on race ramps or jack stands.

OP
OP

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Sheesh. Gotta go find my stash of acid and I should be good. Thanks for replies. I normally do all my auto/MC work myself but dropping the whole exhaust seemed a bit extreme for just the dp

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok so one of you lives around Dallas TX right? Lol I need help and there’s friendship, whisky/beer, and dog therapy for whoever steps up lol.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
You don't need to drop the exhaust, even if you did its like 6-8 bolts holding it in.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Took me 45 mins total including removing it bcuz the ring fell out. I did it in my garage with jackstands drunk and on acid…
Obviously it’s easier while the secrets of the universe are revealed

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Took me 45 mins total including removing it bcuz the ring fell out. I did it in my garage with jackstands drunk and on acid…
This guy gets it. I mean I was only high on duh weeds, but ya. It's so easy you can do it on a psychedelic trip!

Just need a jack or even the stock jack with some backup so the car doesn't fall on ya.

Or get a shop to do it, but it's 15m of work for them. 30 for you. Ping us if you have questions, I'm sure we'd all be happy to help.
Sponsored