Downpipe install price (2.0)

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Shop is quoting me 315 + tax. What is a good price? People are saying it doesn’t take long at all so I’m curious. I’ve seen some people saying around 150-200? Am I getting a good deal?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Shop is quoting me 315 + tax. What is a good price? People are saying it doesn’t take long at all so I’m curious. I’ve seen some people saying around 150-200? Am I getting a good deal?
Probably charging you ~2 hours at 150/hr. Pretty reasonable.

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Probably charging you ~2 hours at 150/hr. Pretty reasonable.
Thanks for the response. I am fine with paying that. The other thing is that it’s my daily and I need it for work and they said it would take 2 days until I can get it back. Is that the usual turnaround, or do some people get it done same day? Sorry new to this.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for the response. I am fine with paying that. The other thing is that it’s my daily and I need it for work and they said it would take 2 days until I can get it back. Is that the usual turnaround, or do some people get it done same day? Sorry new to this.
Probably just depends on how busy the shop is. A busy shop will have you drop off the car and they'll fit it in when it makes sense for them. The actually process takes a couple hours tops.

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Probably just depends on how busy the shop is. A busy shop will have you drop off the car and they'll fit it in when it makes sense for them. The actually process takes a couple hours tops.
Sounds good. I appreciate your help.

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
One shop quoted me $280 on the install with same day completion. Just ended up doing it myself, it's honestly not that bad of an install if you were to do it yourself.

Carbon0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Sounds like a good price. Keep in mind if it does go wrong, they are on the hook. That price also includes that.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
That’s not bad. If you have stock exhaust I think that makes it harder, if I recall you kinda have to take it off or off enough to move it out of the way to get the DP out. Big clamp on the turbo, connection to the exhaust and a couple small nuts on the hanger, unplug the O2 and comes right out. Mine was a tick easier with aftermarket exhaust just removed the front mid pipe and took it right out I think it took me longer to get it up on jackstands.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I paid around $300 for install of mine. Seems reasonable. ~2 hrs labor. Picked the car up same day I dropped it off.

OP
OP

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2022 2.0
Ok sounds like the price is not bad. Thanks for input
Sponsored