How long does a downpipe install take?

Ryan6957

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Turbulence Grey Supra 3.0 Premium
I just got a catless downpipe and I was wondering how long it took to install. I got like no previous knowledge on how to install downpipes but I did install a intake and it wasn't that bad. (took me like about an hour) Just wanted to know your guys experience so I can estimate how long its going to take me.
Sponsored

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Should be less than an hour if you have all the tools and some patience removing the old pipe.

In your case, I would recommend another set of hands.... preferably attached to slender arms. Watch as many videos as possible.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I agree with 45mins if you have the tools handy. An extra set of hands helps to separate the slip joint. Doable by yourself, though.
The part that took longest for me was getting the vband clamp off and out of the way (not a lot of room to move in there).

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
45 mins, for your first time probably 2 hours. It’s pretty straight forward and you’ll know when everything feels right and snug

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
Based on your post, it'll probably take you 8 hours. Lol jp. Although the shop I rented a lift from said they had 3 guys spend all day to swap out a downpipe.

A lift or quick jack makes things 100000000000x easier. Also open the hood to let things cool down a bit or wear gloves and long sleeves. Pretty straightforward job but the first time will always take a bit longer.