How Long Does an Order Usually Take?

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
Placed a deposit on a fairly common spec Supra in May this year (AT 3.0 Premium in Black or White), and still nothing, no build date, no confirmation etc. Does it usually take this long?
Sponsored

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
Put my deposit down in November 2021 for a 2022 3.0 Premium Black w/ Red Interior, settled for a Phantom w/ Black interior that left port in May and picked it up July 2022.

OP
OP

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
@Koval How soon did you hear about your build? Did you only hear about it when it left the port?

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
@Koval How soon did you hear about your build? Did you only hear about it when it left the port?
Sort of? I had gotten a call in March that they had a Black/Black inbound but wasn't in a hurry so figured I'd wait and hopefully snag a Black/Red. By about early June we were getting impatient and they found us a Phantom that hadn't been claimed and was inbound.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Placed a deposit on a fairly common spec Supra in May this year (AT 3.0 Premium in Black or White), and still nothing, no build date, no confirmation etc. Does it usually take this long?
No confirmation...? I'd get a refund. I like my Supra, but I wouldn't wait 6 months for it.

I would expand my search radius as well.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
That's weird. I've seen some Black AT's sit around me for MSRP for a month or two now.

OP
OP

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
@YellowJackit They had a yellow one a couple months ago but I didn't want it in that color, but now I'm open to any of the 2023 colors except for red, so its slightly my fault that its taking a bit longer. I should have placed more deposits to other dealers, but didn't really want to park that much money since it was such a hassle a deposit refund from one dealer I had to deal with.

@Koval I see thanks for the info! Hopefully I get news soon though, not in too big of a rush, I just need a new car by March of next year, if the prices of used cars crash enough, I might pick up a used one instead or a used RCF/ISF

OP
OP

Ferruicio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 G37xS Sedan
@Rhane really? there are basically none here in WA state at the moment, would you be able to post a link to some of them here or send a PM?! :D

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I put my deposit down mid July, and the most my dealer has told me is that they see other regions getting similar builds to what I want but so far nothing in my region yet. My dealer said they have two allocation phases, one at the beginning and one at the end of each month. So far out of six allocation phases my preference has not been filled.

Same dealer also keeps telling me she anticipates getting my allocation soon-ish and that even when they have official notification that they have the allocation for my specific car, the actual timeframe from getting said allocation to actual delivery can and will take months. Best case scenario she gave me was they get the allocation next week and the car is delivered most likely some time in December. Anything after that puts delivery into next year.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Toyota doesn’t take special orders or etc. I wish they did. They are all allocations and you may or may not get one with similar options. You will have more luck at a super high volume Toyota who gets a lot of allocations.

PrincipleZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 white MT
Short answer is they may never get it. You should ask them how many Supra have they got/sold in a year since some dealership just never gets one. If all you want is an AT white/black and if you are ok with a 22 there should be several of them sitting on the lot

THOOPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' C43 AMG, 18' Model S, 21' STI, 23' Supra
Heres a link to my thread where I broke down all the dates until my delivery.

Hope it helps!

In a nutshell though, it all depends on when your dealer gets one allocated and it seems like they've been very unlucky with that. Once it gets allocated though, my time line should be some-what accurate !
Sponsored