Downpipe questions

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
MAD catless here and with D3ad_Hand, no issues whatsoever. Besides the little light reminding me my car is more fun now 😜

Oh yeah, have a JB4 too. Did the Jesse tune for in town. Really happy 😃
Actually. Something feels very wrong when that CEL is not on 🤣🤣
Sponsored

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
So does the cat have to be at the downpipe to function? Wondering why none of the exhaust designs don’t have a valved system that goes thru a cat at the back and the muffler when valve is closed and open would be straight pass thru. Seems this would satisfy epa and track use…

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So does the cat have to be at the downpipe to function? Wondering why none of the exhaust designs don’t have a valved system that goes thru a cat at the back and the muffler when valve is closed and open would be straight pass thru. Seems this would satisfy epa and track use…
A smart guy I know has an Active Autowerke downpipe and exhaust. He can turn his on and off on the fly by hitting the sport button. It’s cool as shit! I’d check them out for sure. It sounded fantastic with just a flip of switch, so to speak. And no CEL - @Ruman

Last edited:

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
My neighbor buddy has an Active Autowerke downpipe and exhaust. He can turn his on and off on the fly by hitting the sport button. It’s cool as shit! I’d check them out for sure. It sounded fantastic with just a flip of switch, so to speak. And no CEL
I might not have stated what I meant quite right. The dp would be catless but there would be a cat at the muffler but only active when the valve is closed. So a straight pipe at the track but calif legal with valve closed.

I do have an AA dp and Dinan exhaust and it sounds great

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I might not have stated what I meant quite right. The dp would be catless but there would be a cat at the muffler but only active when the valve is closed. So a straight pipe at the track but calif legal with valve closed.

I do have an AA dp and Dinan exhaust and it sounds great
The cat needs to be close to the turbo to stay hot enough to remain efficient. Not enough room in engine bay for valved system.
Sponsored