Cu lat8r

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 supra a91-mt CU later grey, Gc8 and sti
Did a Steering wheel upgrade was straight foward but I’m Getting code
93090F Airbag driver valve: resistance too small can’t clear with bimmerlink had it at Toyota dealer today they spent 2 hours trying to update my ecm so their system could connect found that weird it couldn’t read my car before the update? Now they are tryna charge me 150 a hour cause I changed my my steering wheel to trouble shoot it cause they can’t clear the airbag light/code either and they ran outta time today. Anyone have any idea of what is possibly going on ? Connections are tight I took the airbag off 2x and checked it all. I’m wondering if it could be the clockspring or something electrical in the actual airbag connections itself
Sponsored

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Did a Steering wheel upgrade was straight foward but I’m Getting code
93090F Airbag driver valve: resistance too small can’t clear with bimmerlink had it at Toyota dealer today they spent 2 hours trying to update my ecm so their system could connect found that weird it couldn’t read my car before the update? Now they are tryna charge me 150 a hour cause I changed my my steering wheel to trouble shoot it cause they can’t clear the airbag light/code either and they ran outta time today. Anyone have any idea of what is possibly going on ? Connections are tight I took the airbag off 2x and checked it all. I’m wondering if it could be the clockspring or something electrical in the actual airbag connections itself
Which wheel did you get? Could be incompatible with computer settings. Here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1126045&page=3 is a discussion about similar issue in natively BMW car.

Generally it is better to ask questions about technical issues at BMW forums.

OP
OP
Cu lat8r

Cu lat8r

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m having the exact same problem. Any resolution?
I ended up knicking a wire in the airbag while tryna remove it dealer saying it needs new airbag and airbag wiring

benspeed83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I didn't remove my steering wheel. I only removed the airbag and added the leather airbag cover. I think I did everything correctly but the airbag light has been on for months. I finally took it in to the dealer and they can't reset the light. The error keeps coming back. Maybe I damaged a wire as well? I just don't know and it's been a nightmare.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I didn't remove my steering wheel. I only removed the airbag and added the leather airbag cover. I think I did everything correctly but the airbag light has been on for months. I finally took it in to the dealer and they can't reset the light. The error keeps coming back. Maybe I damaged a wire as well? I just don't know and it's been a nightmare.

Did you disconnect the battery when you installed it?
If not that might be the reason why?

DId you try disconnecting the battery to reset and plugging it in back after short while after disconnected.

Kingsrule5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Did you guys ever get resolutions on this? I’m having the same issue currently.

OP
OP
Cu lat8r

Cu lat8r

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve had my light on dealer says needs new airbag haven’t gotten around to ordering it I know I stripped a wire fucking with it the design too get the airbag out is terrible I got pissed off about it 😂 but oh well boutta sell my supra anyways been sitting all winter I’ve been enjoying my gr corolla a lil to much 😂