Drivetrain Malfunction and phone can NOT connect to Ecutek via app on phone all the sudden!!

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 Corvette GS, 2012 BOSS 302
If anyone knows about Ecutek with decent knowledge, could use some help. Got car out of 6 month winter storage, had to jump start car. Connect appto Ecutek and itdid a firmware update. Connected fine and all worked great. Next day set CC at 50 mph, 15 seconds later get message: Drive train Malfunctio n, power reduced, ok to cont driving, have dealer service. Tried to connect to Ecutek thru app, can't detect car. The dongle is plugged in (never remove it) the status light is green (was blue when this happened at 1st) I can use laptop to connect with wire but don't really know what to do with it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've looked thru hours of Ecutek help center, tried Un pairing and re pairing with Bluetooth dongle, it paired but will not connect and recognize vehicle.

PS, my IG account was hacked and got locked out of it, still waiting 4 days for Ecutek to answer my email. Sorry if posted in wrong spot or topic exist already. I searched here also, can't find the same issues.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
First thing is first.

Delete the EVI-XXXX from your bluetooth list.

Unplug/replug the bluetooth interface, readd the EVI-XXXX

John

OP
OP
Kristos

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First thing is first.

Delete the EVI-XXXX from your bluetooth list.

Unplug/replug the bluetooth interface, readd the EVI-XXXX

John
That was 1 of 1st things I did, several times with no dice! Even disconnect Bluetooth from car (phone thru stereo) and tried again with Bluetooth dongle. It pairs but will not connect.

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
From my experience, I only have two issues with the ECUTEK dongle

1)
Sometimes, the app on the phone states... that it can't connect to the dongle.
This is quickly resolved by plugging out the ECUTEK dongle from the OBDII for 10 seconds, and plug it bakc in.

2)
Second (and more annoying), is when the dongle requires a firmware update.
For some reason, the ugrpade always fails from the phone (something to do with different ECUTEK dongle revisions, regarding bluetooth version or so).

For that one, I always require to update the dongle via the provided USB-cable (connect it to a computer) and upgrade it via their "EVI Updater tool".

Maybe you can 'reflash' your ECUTEK dongle via their software, to resolve the problems.

OP
OP
Kristos

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

1)
This is quickly resolved by plugging out the ECUTEK dongle from the OBDII for 10 seconds, and plug it bakc in.

2)
For some reason, the ugrpade always fails from the phone (something to do with different ECUTEK dongle revisions, regarding bluetooth version or so).

For that one, I always require to update the dongle via the provided USB-cable (connect it to a computer) and upgrade it via their "EVI Updater tool".

Maybe you can 'reflash' your ECUTEK dongle via their software, to resolve the problems.
That is also something I have done, as suggested in Ecutek Help Center. I plug dongle into laptop today, which covered both steps. Then i plugged laptop into gongle and connected to OBDII and it DID detect vehicle with the Ecutek program. So im not sure if it is a bluetooth issue or an Ecutek app issue.

1)

2)

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
I guess you also tried to delete de app on the phone and re-install it?
  • This way, you need to pair it again and provide your 'pincode' (don't know if you changed, else its the default one)

Maybe a long shot, but don't know if you already tried that step as well :)

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
^^ also try this

OP
OP
Kristos

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • This way, you need to pair it again and provide your 'pincode' (don't know if you changed, else its the default one)

Yes, I deleted app and reinstalled it. I was NOT asked about any pin code, when I reinstalled app, it had all my info when I opened it. Didn't ask to sign in or anything, which I thought was weird. Exutek sent me an email this morning explaining how to update firmware using a specific program. Will try that an update later.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes, I deleted app and reinstalled it. I was NOT asked about any pin code, when I reinstalled app, it had all my info when I opened it. Didn't ask to sign in or anything, which I thought was weird. Exutek sent me an email this morning explaining how to update firmware using a specific program. Will try that an update later.
Android or iPhone? Delete cache, delete icloud backup.... I'm sure Ecutek will tell you where to delete. Unhide certain folders...

OP
OP
Kristos

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Android or iPhone? Delete cache, delete icloud backup.... I'm sure Ecutek will tell you where to delete. Unhide certain folders...
Android. They told me to update dongle firmware with a specific program then unpaired dongle from phone. Unplug dongle, plug back into OBDII and pair again. Illustrate when I have time to try.
Sponsored