Drivetrain Malfunction

Jpinoy91

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Hey everyone, I'm very new to the tuner world. I've got a JB4 currently installed due to the ECU bench unlock not being public yet. I did a few pulls a couple of nights ago and on the last pull. I got a "Drivetrain malfunction, reduced engine performance. No roadside assistance needed" message pop up. On my drive home the message went away and I checked by turning the car off and on. The message hasn't come back since then. Am I ok or should I take it into the dealer anyways?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Donā€™t go to the dealer. I hope you did a log. Reach out the BMS. Your car is in limp mode

OP
OP

Jpinoy91

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Donā€™t go to the dealer. I hope you did a log. Reach out the BMS. Your car is in limp mode
Thanks, I was luckily logging that entire night. I'll send it over to BMS.

ChandlerV

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hey everyone, I'm very new to the tuner world. I've got a JB4 currently installed due to the ECU bench unlock not being public yet. I did a few pulls a couple of nights ago and on the last pull. I got a "Drivetrain malfunction, reduced engine performance. No roadside assistance needed" message pop up. On my drive home the message went away and I checked by turning the car off and on. The message hasn't come back since then. Am I ok or should I take it into the dealer anyways?
Any update on this by chance?

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
This is a normal thing on the JB4. Your best bet would be to get custom maps for your car on the JB4. There are a few guys known in the community for creating custom maps. I am not sure which map you were on, but I guarantee you that you will have the same code pop up with a WOT.

This is not because you are on piggyback. Even on the cars that are flashed and tuned on EcuTek could pop this code when not tuned properly.

OP
OP

Jpinoy91

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
This is a normal thing on the JB4. Your best bet would be to get custom maps for your car on the JB4. There are a few guys known in the community for creating custom maps. I am not sure which map you were on, but I guarantee you that you will have the same code pop up with a WOT.

This is not because you are on piggyback. Even on the cars that are flashed and tuned on EcuTek could pop this code when not tuned properly.
That's weird because I am on a custom tune on the JB4. Jesse is the one who is doing the custom tuning for me. He said that the car is having trouble with timing for boost which I'm not sure if that would in turn activate the drivetrain malfunction message. I have also read somewhere that the ECU can limit timing which hopefully isn't the case.

OP
OP

Jpinoy91

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Any update on this by chance?
The dealer couldn't find any solution to the message, it was gone by the time I brought it to the dealer which was just a couple days after. All they did was just clear the codes from my exhaust and catless down pipe.

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
I was doing a pull a couple nights ago and the same ā€œdrivetrain malfunctionā€ occurred around 150. The thing is I was on map 0 the entire time, i just had the jb4 on for parameters. Yesterday I took the air box off and checked if anything was out of place and found nothing loose. This is the code it read. It didnā€™t go away until I cleared the code last night, so far it hasnā€™t come back.

edit: I donā€™t think this because of the JB4 anymore. I believe itā€™s because I have a downpipe with no tune.

6B3291A3-D1EC-41B4-9C08-09BEC9F2CA97.png
Sponsored

Last edited: