Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Hahahahahaha.. there's no autocorrect for driving on the wrong side of the road! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
Hey, we won. We can do what we want.

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm pretty sure us Australians have never been at war with you! πŸ˜‚

I do love your right turn on red rule.. when it applies.
how rude of me! You said boot and I automatically assumed you were a dirty Brit. πŸ˜­β€πŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any news on the trunk release button? Install instructions? Etc.
oh I've already sold a few kits. I'm gonna get them shipped next week. I'll have the rev.1 install instructions on my website soon.

had a bit rough of a past week and am a little behind

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
β€˜23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Check this YT i found, go to about 6:00
cool but yeah nah.

there are more than two ways to fuck this chicken, my way just provides leg holding for you

plus, mine comes with baller stickers and support nearly 24/7

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Check this YT i found, go to about 6:00
Nice find. I have to be honest though, that's a lot of work to get a button to only do half the job! 😩

there are more than two ways to fuck this chicken
I hope your method doesn't involve completely removing said chicken's feathers and then only ending up half, err.. cocked.

sirupytugboat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic
cool but yeah nah.

there are more than two ways to fuck this chicken, my way just provides leg holding for you

plus, mine comes with baller stickers and support nearly 24/7
Can you address the concerns raised in the video, though?

The way they explained in the video, due to a lack of key fob sensors in the trunk area, there's no way to rig a button such that the button press automatically unlocks the car first, but only if there's a key fob in proximity.

Due to this limitation, there are only two bad options for a button like this:

1) Only work when the car is unlocked. This is pretty useless IMO since you still have to unlock using the key fob or the door handles first before pressing the button. So might as well just release the trunk using the key fob as well.
2) Bypass the lock. This is obviously a security problem.

So the question is, how does your button work? Does it work in one of the two ways above, neither of which is ideal? Or were you able to figure out a way to make it work the ideal way? That is, the button is able to unlock the car, but only does so when a key fob is in proximity?

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

The way they explained in the video, due to a lack of key fob sensors in the trunk area, there's no way to rig a button such that the button press automatically unlocks the car first, but only if there's a key fob in proximity.

1) Only work when the car is unlocked. This is pretty useless IMO since you still have to unlock using the key fob or the door handles first before pressing the button. So might as well just release the trunk using the key fob as well.

So the question is, how does your button work? Does it work in one of the two ways above, neither of which is ideal? Or were you able to figure out a way to make it work the ideal way? That is, the button is able to unlock the car, but only does so when a key fob is in proximity?
its 3am for me and I have been ordering boxes and packing materials and new business cards and all that boring stuff. I will address this at length

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did a bit of research today, I think adding a receiver antenna to the trunk will be pretty easy, definitely won't be able to roll it into the $40 cost though so maybe as a DIY or upcharge.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Did a bit of research today, I think adding a receiver antenna to the trunk will be pretty easy, definitely won't be able to roll it into the $40 cost though so maybe as a DIY or upcharge.
If there's an option with a receiver I'm in

OP
OP
Carl - Driveway Labs

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

to be honest, I don't care what the guy in the video did, problems he ran into, etc.

Im taking a unique solution that doesn't wire the same way at that at all and I'll take it even further.

imitating something that didn't work will get me nowhere

sirupytugboat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic
to be honest, I don't care what the guy in the video did, problems he ran into, etc.

Im taking a unique solution that doesn't wire the same way at that at all and I'll take it even further.

imitating something that didn't work will get me nowhere
Sure, that's fair. All I really want to know is how your solution behaves. Do you know, if somebody presses the button while the car is locked, what happens? Does the trunk open?
Sponsored