Dual Exit Tomei Questions

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Making the leap from my STI to a 2021 3.0 GR Supra tomorrow (overly excited). Formerly being a subie guy I live by Tomei.
I see there is a dual exit version for the MK5 but for the life of me I cant find a compilation of sound clips for this particular exhaust.
I only ever see cold starts and revs. But I wanna hear flybys and traffic speed sound clips. Anyone here got some of their own clips they'd be willing to share?

So far I'm digging the HKS and Armytrix the most, Armytrix solely for the valvetronic neighbor mode.

What're your guys thoughts and opinions?
Sponsored

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I used to have a WRX and an FR-S, and yes Tomei was considered cheap, loud and ok. It is STILL all those things for the Supra, IMO. I'm going to be one of the few that says, I think Tomei sounds too loud and looks cheap. Many will say, "but omfg itz titaniumz" blah blah.

This is just MY opinion, others love it. I have the stock exhaust with catless dp and it's plenty loud without sounding cheap or obnoxious, also has no drone. And if yr a "popz and bangz" person, you can do all that via tune. It also ALWAYS annoyed me that it was called "Expreme" šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
It drones like crazy and has a "ehh" tone IMO plus a lot of ppl here have reported quality issues with it cracking. Two best systems for this car are AWE touring resonated if you want a deep tone and no drone or if you want a valve the valvetronics designs cat back which is amazing as well. Some nice single exit options as well but those systems all drone.

OP
OP
JAWTB

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
It drones like crazy and has a "ehh" tone IMO plus a lot of ppl here have reported quality issues with it cracking. Two best systems for this car are AWE touring resonated if you want a deep tone and no drone or if you want a valve the valvetronics designs cat back which is amazing as well. Some nice single exit options as well but those systems all drone.
Any way to mitigate the lil farts it has when you shift lol?

OP
OP
JAWTB

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
I used to have a WRX and an FR-S, and yes Tomei was considered cheap, loud and ok. It is STILL all those things for the Supra, IMO. I'm going to be one of the few that says, I think Tomei sounds too loud and looks cheap. Many will say, "but omfg itz titaniumz" blah blah.

This is just MY opinion, others love it. I have the stock exhaust with catless dp and it's plenty loud without sounding cheap or obnoxious, also has no drone. And if yr a "popz and bangz" person, you can do all that via tune. It also ALWAYS annoyed me that it was called "Expreme" šŸ¤£
Id be interested on how to tune out the burbles more than anything or at least tone them down.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Any way to mitigate the lil farts it has when you shift lol?
Burbles can be adjusted on decel/downshift through tuning the car but the overrun brap ā€œfartā€ i donā€™t believe so

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I personally don't like the Tomei dual exit because fitment seems to be an issue for almost everyone. The quality and sound isn't the best either.

If you want a titanium exhaust I would recommend RK titanium, they also have a dual exit or single exit.

A far as HKS, it's a solid option with great quality and sound! It's on the more quiet side though especially with a factory downpipe. Armytrix is just not a popular one for this platform. For that money there's way better options out there.

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Maybe Iā€™m one of the few, but my Tomei dual exit exhaust fits pretty much perfect. It did take some time adjusting it, but from what I read, every dual exit is like this. I put everything on, but loose, then my son & I slowly adjusted each piece to get everything as close to center as possible, then tightened it all down. Have had numerous people comment on how good it sounds as well as how good it looks.

It is 100% full titanium and light. I havenā€™t had an issue with quality either, maybe they fixed their welds since the first batch they put out. Tomei has always had good customer support as well, so I wasnā€™t very worried if it did have an issue with getting it replaced.

On cold start it is definitely not quiet, lol, but I didnā€™t expect it to be either. Now, once cold start is gone, it is very quiet, similar to stock of just idling. Once you take it up the revā€™s it again sounds amazing. I revved it next to a new corvette, even he was impressed with the sound of it.

just like 99% of the exhausts it does have a small drone around 2k rpm cruising on the highway. Now, itā€™s not super loud an annoying and to me very tolerable.This is in normal mode of course. Put it in sport mode, it shifts from 8th to 7th and again sounds great.

I will try and get some startup, post cold start, crushing in 8th at 2k RPM to let you hear what that sounds like and a few pulls if possible.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
AWE Touring is the best bang for buck in terms of volume/drone/price. IF you want valves theres other good options like Apexi, Remark, etc.

Feel free to text us for exhaust help.

-Josh
Sponsored