Dumb question from noob owner

Levophed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR supra 3.0
Hi guys sorry to bother. Just had a quick question regarding running a catted downpipe with no tune. I am loving with the sound of running the stock exhaust with an AA downpipe. I however am not interested in running a jb4 or getting my ecu unlocked at this time currently. (Saving that for a little later) Is this a safe option for the car for the next couple years or would it be better to just buy a catback system? Not worried about power or anything right now just sound. Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched this forum and couldnā€™t find an answer. Everyone has different answer on the internet arguing things like back pressure and stuff? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Either option is completely safe for a stock car. If you like the sound of the stock exhaust system but want just a little bit more then just the AA Catted DP is the way to go. But a catback will give you a more significant increase in sound (depending on which one you go with). Heck, you could even do both if you want even moar loud.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I am doing the same with an AA DP also adding an Eventuri CAI.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT