Dynamic Autowerx down-pipe

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
I just bought a 5” downpipe from dynamic autowerx and I noticed it doesn’t have a bracket to hold it in place like most downpipes do. Does anyone have a similar downpipe without the bracket? If so, Has anyone ever had an issue of it moving around?
Sponsored

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
I just bought a 5” downpipe from dynamic autowerx and I noticed it doesn’t have a bracket to hold it in place like most downpipes do. Does anyone have a similar downpipe without the bracket? If so, Has anyone ever had an issue of it moving around?
Interested to see the replies/answers. I got the same downpipe but won't have time to do anything to my car until next month. Watching!

Last edited:

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you installed yours yet? I have the day off tomorrow and was considering spending some time working on this. Wanted to know if you had any feedback regarding the install if you've done it.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Have you installed yours yet? I have the day off tomorrow and was considering spending some time working on this. Wanted to know if you had any feedback regarding the install if you've done it.
Easy install.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Rob_SER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR86, GR Corolla, GR Supra
look on youtube, there are dozens of videos...

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Engine cover off. Intake box out. Unclip O2 sensors up top. Unbolt v band on turbo housing. Jack up car. Two bolts on bracket. One at the exhaust. Hardest part is getting it free from the catback. After that it’s all smooth sailing! Really not too bad.

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
I haven’t yet. I live in Phoenix and it’s already starting to get pretty hot here. I’ve been procrastinating. Not looking forward to it. Good luck on the install. If you any pointers after your install I definitely appreciate it. I will be installing myself.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven’t yet. I live in Phoenix and it’s already starting to get pretty hot here. I’ve been procrastinating. Not looking forward to it. Good luck on the install. If you any pointers after your install I definitely appreciate it. I will be installing myself.
It was a pain in the ass. But not because of this specific downpipe, but just the removal of the stock DP itself. The stock DP was seized, and I had to use a hammer to get it off. Took me hours because I really didnt know how aggressive I could be with it.

After the removal of the stock downpipe and stock exhaust, installing the DAW downpipe was pretty easy. I will agree with Extreme Power House above however -- I wish I got a downpipe with a bracket. It would've made it infinitely easier to have something "hold" the downpipe in place while I aligned the DP to the back of the turbo. Without having a bracket, I was forced to put the v-band onto the DAW downpipe and shimmy it up to the back of the turbo until it held in place. Then front the engine bay, I had to align it.

I've seen videos where people install the downpipe without removing the stock airbox -- dont know how they did that. I had to remove the stock airbox to make the downpipe accessible from the engine bay. So yea, remove the stock airbox :)

Outside of that, pretty easy install.

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
It was a pain in the ass. But not because of this specific downpipe, but just the removal of the stock DP itself. The stock DP was seized, and I had to use a hammer to get it off. Took me hours because I really didnt know how aggressive I could be with it.

After the removal of the stock downpipe and stock exhaust, installing the DAW downpipe was pretty easy. I will agree with Extreme Power House above however -- I wish I got a downpipe with a bracket. It would've made it infinitely easier to have something "hold" the downpipe in place while I aligned the DP to the back of the turbo. Without having a bracket, I was forced to put the v-band onto the DAW downpipe and shimmy it up to the back of the turbo until it held in place. Then front the engine bay, I had to align it.

I've seen videos where people install the downpipe without removing the stock airbox -- dont know how they did that. I had to remove the stock airbox to make the downpipe accessible from the engine bay. So yea, remove the stock airbox :)

Outside of that, pretty easy install.
I appreciate all the pointers. At least you got her done, good work man!