ECU update

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Went for the recall last week, what I've experienced is no full screen carplay , navigation stopped working, steering gets lighter when driving in normal mode and a lil better in sound system.
So your carplay is NOT in fullscreen anymore after update? Shouldnt it be the other way around? ๐Ÿ˜…
Sponsored

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
*No carplay at all after the update ๐Ÿ˜–
Shiiiiiet. Havent got any notification about a recall yet. Hopefully I wont either.

Maybe they already did the update before I bought the car just 2 months ago.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Shiiiiiet. Havent got any notification about a recall yet. Hopefully I wont either.

Maybe they already did the update before I bought the car just 2 months ago.
If you bought it new 2 months ago, it should definitely have the recall already done. This was issued last summer.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
If you bought it new 2 months ago, it should definitely have the recall already done. This was issued last summer.
Not really brand new, but only like 2000 miles on it. But yeah, I think they already did the update on it. Hopefully they did...

Can you, in any way, tell if they did the update? Other than just asking them I mean...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not really brand new, but only like 2000 miles on it. But yeah, I think they already did the update on it. Hopefully they did...

Can you, in any way, tell if they did the update? Other than just asking them I mean...
Fullscreen car play is the giveaway, but there is a way to check the ISTA software version. I don't know what it is, though.

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Fullscreen car play is the giveaway, but there is a way to check the ISTA software version. I don't know what it is, though.
If memory serves, you have to download the driver config to a USB drive, convert the file to .txt and you'll be able to view the version at that point.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0

Easy.

Turn the car on while only pressing the brake slightly, tap the start button twice. Then drive as fast as you can.

If your car makes it back to the garage then youโ€™re good, if youโ€™re calling a buddy with a trailer later then youโ€™ll want to schedule getting the update

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Easy.

Turn the car on while only pressing the brake slightly, tap the start button twice. Then drive as fast as you can.

If your car makes it back to the garage then youโ€™re good, if youโ€™re calling a buddy with a trailer later then youโ€™ll want to schedule getting the update
Genius! ๐Ÿค“

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
@zrk if you can find correlation data between the Brake recall and the cars in the Salvage Supra Registry then I will schedule an appointment. ๐Ÿ˜

-RJM

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@zrk if you can find correlation data between the Brake recall and the cars in the Salvage Supra Registry then I will schedule an appointment. ๐Ÿ˜

-RJM
That's actually interesting. I think I can do that.

I mean.. look it up, not make the correlation.

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
I have a 2020 summer of 19' production. Performed the recall, took a whole day for them to do it, but no issues afterwards other than having to recode everything from BimmerCode. I did a remote unlock through Visconti afterwards and went with a Stage 2. Everything works as expected. I have 1200 miles on the car since the recall and tune. Just info for what its worth.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I would just go to the Toyota Owners site and it should tell you. If you don't need the recall done it should say "No safety recalls reported".

https://www.toyota.com/owners/

Also under service history you will have this entry if it was implemented.

21TA04 - REPROGRAM VEHICLE
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk