OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
Here are some additional pictures that I took after making a really crude spacer for the time being (until I hear back from Eibach on next steps). I used a 1/8th" x 2" aluminum plate to make these.
After taping the areas that rubbed before with painter's tape, I went for a very short drive and the inital report is that there are no more rubbing.

IMG_6145.jpeg

IMG_6144.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

IMG_6140.jpeg

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
Just spoke a David from Eibach and he said he's supposed to get a car in today for testing. I will let everyone know once he reaches out.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Eibach is good stuff, but curious to what the issue is.
Agreed, I have a set of springs on order that should be delivered in a few weeks once back orders are fulfilled ?

I do love a Cusco blue bar though ?

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I doubt they will test every batch.
If they have a good QC program they will do a first article and in process inspection during a run. Eibach makes good quality stuff in the automotive space, I would bet they do this.

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I heard back from Eibach and here's what they have done - They checked the batch that my sway bar came from and verified that it doesn't rub on their stock, test car. They did try to move the upper-end link position slightly to simulate negative camber and confirmed that it does move the sway bar and LCA closer to one another. So in short, they think my specific alignment setup caused them to touch and that by putting in a 1/8th spacer, I was able to eliminate the rubbing.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
If they have a good QC program they will do a first article and in process inspection during a run. Eibach makes good quality stuff in the automotive space, I would bet they do this.
QC, yes and every manufacturer should. that's given without even saying it. fitting into a test car like they just did for every car? may be not.. unless they have every single car they make these parts for. may be they do have every single car they make part for.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
QC, yes and every manufacturer should. that's given without even saying it. fitting into a test car like they just did for every car? may be not.. unless they have every single car they make these parts for. may be they do have every single car they make part for.
They have a test car for fit up. Be sure of that. They cannot test for every setup (i.e. lowered, camber, etc)

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
seems like you know all about them. ;)
Been in automotive design and manufacturing for 20+ years. Besides, they confirmed to Lordhowe they did a fit up on their test car after he contacted them. So yes, I know enough.;)

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Been in automotive design and manufacturing for 20+ years. Besides, they confirmed to Lordhowe they did a fit up on their test car after he contacted them. So yes, I know enough.
I don't think they test fitted until his issue. besides, i'm done with this.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
I heard back from Eibach and here's what they have done - They checked the batch that my sway bar came from and verified that it doesn't rub on their stock, test car. They did try to move the upper-end link position slightly to simulate negative camber and confirmed that it does move the sway bar and LCA closer to one another. So in short, they think my specific alignment setup caused them to touch and that by putting in a 1/8th spacer, I was able to eliminate the rubbing.
by 1/8 spacer did you mean some washers between the mounts and the sub frame?

im lowered on KW V3’s and have the front SPL tie rod ends and noticed some rubbing too...

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
All I did was drill 2 holes into a small section of an aluminum flat bar I got from Homedepot.
The ideal width is more like 1.5" rather than 2", but it will do. No more rubbing after that.
Sponsored