Engine "Bogs" sometimes when Turning Right onto Roads from a stop

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
So this has happened to me a handful of times now. As a reference, I have a 2022, 11K miles, no tune no JB4, only an intake and an exhaust.

I have found every once an a while, when accelerating from a stop (while turning right), sometimes the car has absolutely no power. In this video, I started off accelerating very slowly but then I realized this "issue" was happening, so I actually put my pedal completely down to the floor to see what would happen, and as you can see NOTHING happens. (I back off the gas pedal once I start straightening out on the main road FYI).

There are no TC lights on the dash, and I'm only going like 5-7mph. It's weird, it sounds like the car wants to rev higher but its bogging down at the same time, and you BARELY accelerate. Its like the breaks are slightly engaged, because the car starts to rev up but you donā€™t go anywhere. As if Iā€™m towing 10,000 lbs or something.

Has this happened to anyone else? I mostly drive in sport (manual) and never have this issue. It only happens in normal Drive but its going to lead to an accident one day when trying to pull out.

Sponsored