Error Code 130715 VANOS intake, control error, Camshaft Stuck

Echo419

First Name
Akuu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I've been seeing more post about the VANOS stuff over the last coupe of month. Generating post to share my experience with the community.

Error code 130715 VANOS, intake, control error, Camshaft stuck

I did a hard pull entering the freeway Friday and ran a CEL. Code check ran as 130715, VANOS, intake, Control Error, camshaft stuck. I've been reluctantly driving it for a day and a half and no major issues. I went to move the car out of the garage this morning and the CEL was gone. I still plan on bringing it in; light reading has given me the impression the VANOS actuator and central bolts need to be replaced around my milage anyway.

Iā€™ve read a variety of experiences across the forums, but the bottom line is it looks like I need to get the actuators replaced, and probably get the central bolt replaced while Iā€™m under warranty. I plan on brining it in this week, I'll update the post as it progresses.

Vehicle specs:
Year: 2020
Miles: 55,000
Oil: Liquimolly, 5W-30
Mods: MST intake, High flow catted downpipe, ecutek tune, OTS stage 2. Iā€™ve only been tuned about two weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Echo419

Echo419

First Name
Akuu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Update: I replaced the Vanos intake actuator about two weeks ago and no longer throwing codes or receiving a CEL even under extreme load.

Hopefully this info helps someone else down the line.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
This is the same issue I had. If you get this code swap your actuators and see if the code swaps. If it doesnā€™t swap itā€™s the central bolt.

Not_Jdm_Af

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' MK5
Update: I replaced the Vanos intake actuator about two weeks ago and no longer throwing codes or receiving a CEL even under extreme load.

Hopefully this info helps someone else down the line.
Sweet dude what did it cost you so you ended up just having to do the actuators not the central bolt right?

OP
OP
Echo419

Echo419

First Name
Akuu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Sweet dude what did it cost you so you ended up just having to do the actuators not the central bolt right?
I think it cost around 40 bucks, let me know if you need help finding the part number.
Sponsored