Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently IND offers matte black exhaust tips. There installation video is on YouTube. Stock tips pop off and are replace by the IND tips. Don't see them listed for sale online though

My friend take to someone that can powder coat them!! The finish will resit the heat and any quemicals degreasers etc, you use going forward detailing your baby!!

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My friend take to someone that can powder coat them!! The finish will resit the heat and any quemicals degreasers etc, you use going forward detailing your baby!!
I'd be careful powder coating. While I have no personal experience, I have read on multiple forums that the heat can liquidize the powder. There are several photos showing goopy, messy results due to the heat.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be careful powder coating. While I have no personal experience, I have read on multiple forums that the heat can liquidize the powder. There are several photos showing goopy, messy results due to the heat.
Powder coated is baked at 400degrees celsius, I wish now I have an electric pyrometer for many reasons but,my humble guess is that you dont achieve 200 in those tips,specially with the way they actually clip into the muffler,anyway I found what I was looking for at an online store from AZ heres the link Larrymz3 https://conceptzperformance.com/mot...w-4.5-or-5-outlet-md-et-universal_p_23410.php

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
you are correct. After 5 years, my powder coated Intake manifold started gopping up and became deformed...

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
you are correct. After 5 years, my powder coated Intake manifold started gopping up and became deformed...
Intake manifold takes a significant amount of direct heat... exhaust tips do not.

I measured the temp of the exhaust tips on my Supra after a spirited drive and it was 126f. Nowhere near the temp required to deform / liquify powder coating.

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Intake manifold takes a significant amount of direct heat... exhaust tips do not.

I measured the temp of the exhaust tips on my Supra after a spirited drive and it was 126f. Now where near the temp required to deform / liquify powder coating.
okay... mine didn’t deform until after 4 years.. I would say it last pretty long.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
TURBOlence

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
hmmm
Broo check ut this link, https://conceptzperformance.com/mot...w-4.5-or-5-outlet-md-et-universal_p_23410.php

IN THERE YOU WILL FIND $50 DOLLAR OPTION FOR A PAIR THAT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND WILL MOUNT OVER THE FACTORY TIP, I ORDERED THEM WILL RECEIVE THEM ON THE 14TH, ONCE INSTALLED I WILL PASTE PICS, ITS A 4.5 INCK BURNT BLUE SLEVE!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
Can't wait to see it!