ChrisA91

ChrisA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S6
Feel abit more excited about getting more work done on the car now.

Figwhey

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cg precision valve controller is also an option just plugs into oem plugs and let’s u change valve controls from your garage opener buttons

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I do have a few mods including downpipe and tune. Pure 800 turbo. Port injection. Flex fuel and loads more. Mixed feeling about the decat. They do smell a bit. Depends if that bothers you. SRD are good for someone close to look after you with mods.

Exhaust flap makes way more of a difference than you would think. Most of the time just cruising around I have it closed and prefer that volume.
If you ever want to meet up and hear it you would be welcome to.
SO i have zero experience of Decats and at the moment my plan is to go Litchfield stage2 which is a decat downpipe and OPF delete but whats this smell about then? Fuel i take it? Does it come out of the tailpipe or is it something else?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
SO i have zero experience of Decats and at the moment my plan is to go Litchfield stage2 which is a decat downpipe and OPF delete but whats this smell about then? Fuel i take it? Does it come out of the tailpipe or is it something else?
The purpose of a catalytic converter is to "burn off" excess emissions that don't get burned during normal combustion. Without that you get a lot more of a smell coming from the exhaust.

It's very noticeable if you're driving behind someone that doesn't have a cat installed.

eliotrw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ice Grey 3.0
I think i might just break the mould and go for an OPF delete then, a bit like a US-spec stage1 but in the UK i guess.....

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I think i might just break the mould and go for an OPF delete then, a bit like a US-spec stage1 but in the UK i guess.....
That seems like a good place to start. Worth meeting up with someone with a decat see if it bothers you. In the car it’s ok. But behind it the smell is pretty noticeable.

I found out my exhaust had a crack in it. Since that got repaired the smell isn’t as bad.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Yeah it's the top left brown fuse I think it's 7.5A I'll find the thread to confirm 😅

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver