Extended warranty: did you get one?

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Thanks for the input. Considering my plans to tune/mod/road course the car I believe I'll hold off on the warranty.
Sponsored

forAiur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
toyota
i was offered 4k for 8 years... (finance said they would bump it to 10 years)... advice?

huskerdude

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord Coupe V6
I got the 10 yr 100K extended warranty through Toyota for 2230. through Jennifer mentioned in one of the first pages of this thread 734-242-3900 Wolverine Toyota

forAiur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
toyota
Ya I saw that Iā€™m shocked at how the price difference can be between dealers...

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this thread and I just emailed the contact that was posted here. I havent officially put money down until monday but the dealer was way higher than what everyone here is saying. 4300 for 72/75000 and wheel/tire 1300 total 5600. Hopefully I can find it cheaper or bring the dealer down when I go in monday to put my money down. Either that or cancel and buy later. From what I understand you can purchase at any time up until the 36 mo or 36k miles of the original warranty?

Last edited:

huskerdude

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord Coupe V6
looking back at my notes- [email protected] quoted me 6ye/75k plan B67 for 750. I got the 10yr/100K for 2230. Did not inquire about wheel warranty. Hope this helps you.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
If i signed the VSA from my dealer before I knew about these better deals can I still cancel with my dealership? I go in tomorrow to put my actual down payment so I havent given them any money or my loan info as of yet. I'm fine with the agreed upon price of the car but not the VSA

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
If i signed the VSA from my dealer before I knew about these better deals can I still cancel with my dealership? I go in tomorrow to put my actual down payment so I havent given them any money or my loan info as of yet. I'm fine with the agreed upon price of the car but not the VSA
Yes, full-refund eligible. I'd cancel asap.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, full-refund eligible. I'd cancel asap.
When I go in today I'm going to do that unless they price match. Does it matter what dealership you purchase through or what state you live in??

For those that bought the rim and tire coverage....is it worth it? I plan on eventually going aftermarket on rims and tires at some point. But since there is no spare it seems like a decent option for stock. Pretty sure it wont cover anything if you keep stock tires and get different rims though to start out will it?

Last edited:

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
For the Extended Warranty you can buy from any dealer. For the T&W coverage; while cancel-able, you have to purchase that from your original dealer at time of sale. I got the full package (wheel, tire, dent, key). If you are going aftermarket, you have to stay within OEM specs. If you do that, the coverage still applies.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Personally I pass on extended warranty on a new car. You can purchase 3rd party warranties at any time if thatā€™s what you want to do. Just know that extended warranties can and usually do have more exclusions than the factory warranty.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Agr
Personally I pass on extended warranty on a new car. You can purchase 3rd party warranties at any time if thatā€™s what you want to do. Just know that extended warranties can and usually do have more exclusions than the factory warranty.
agreed! They were mad when we didnā€™t get one. They pressed on for a full 35 min trying to do it. Their selling point: Supra is made by BMW and it wonā€™t last and will break down so a 10 year warranty is must. I was like omg. Wtf

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Agr

agreed! They were mad when we didnā€™t get one. They pressed on for a full 35 min trying to do it. Their selling point: Supra is made by BMW and it wonā€™t last and will break down so a 10 year warranty is must. I was like omg. Wtf

An old friend recently gave me some insight and I will never purchase one.

I recently purchased an F250 that was almost out of factory warranty. The salesman was an old buddy of mine, and he kept pushing for the warranty despite me declining. Once I got home, I decided to ask him what the deal was with that, and he claims that selling the warranty is a large commission for them and the dealership. He also knows Iā€™m mod-happy stated that if I had signed and bought the EXT warranty, the instant I changed the tires to 35-37ā€ and put a leveling kit (or any other mods) on the truck they would have fully voided my extended warranty. He explained that since most of these are aftermarket and 3rd party warranties, the magnuson moss warranty act does not apply. What a ā€œbuddyā€ for trying to make me buy something he knew would be voided, right?

Even if the warranty was a good buy, Iā€™m betting that the majority of us will not keep this car longer than itā€™s original warranty. I know I bounce from car to car often, Iā€™ve never once had to use an extended warranty. I told the dealer I purchased my supra from that I did not want any additional costs over MSRP. When I got there, they had warranty papers and this and that all laid out on the desk. Told the manager not to waste his breath, if the paperwork didnā€™t reflect MSRP and MSRP only, I was walking. He didnā€™t waste any more of my time, lol.

The dealer telling you the car will break down and all of that is pretty shady, though! I would report that to Toyota, Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t be thrilled about that!
Sponsored