Favorite Local Roads?

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
One of these days, I'm just going to pull out of my driveway and travel the country. Probably when my kid moves out in (hopefully) 15 years. Let's compile a list for future me.

My favorite Local road to drive is Route 9W which stretches from Fort Lee, NJ to Albany, NY. About 140 miles of twisty roads, great scenery surrounding the Hudson River, and plenty of roadside shops for snacks and whatnot.
Sponsored

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Rt 33, just north of Ojai, CA. The 8 or so mile section just north of Wheeler Gorge campground is the best road I've ever driven, but there's basically 30 miles of winding canyon road with nothing on it but a few trailheads and one random restaurant. I'd say up until around 2015, the road was not popularly known at all (hell, I came across it by accident while camping in 2012), but a few articles started coming out about it around then, and now it's better known for sure.

OP
OP
ikeaboy

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I performed a search ahead of time. That says best roads. I don't see a connection.

Kidding. Crap, you even have a satellite map.

1631105101378.png
I think what threw you off was i had said ā€œin your areaā€ and you said ā€œlocal.ā€ Two totally different concepts?

hafu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Supra
There are these hill up in Palos Verdes, like a mini canyon run. SO fun !

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
There are so many good roads to drive around my house that I cant say one is the best. Last night I did my normal Lake Arrowhead run to put the kid to sleep. 13 miles, 5000ft of elevation change, banked turns, a bunch of 180Ā° turns and no cops. Then there is GMR (Glendora Mountain Road). Not sure how many miles it is but its a long drive. Super scary to drive at night thanks to teenagers. I have watch many cars crash up there and a couple people almost fly off the side of the mountain. The drive up to Big Bear is ok. Too many people and only one lane for the most part. Hwy 2 in Wrightwood is a blast but can get you in trouble since there is a bar at the top.... Plenty more local spots but those are at the top of the list. Time to come out to CA @ikeaboy !

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
In San Diego, the road up to Julian in the Cleveland Forest is nice. Lots of curves and a change in elevation.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I live in Alabama. If I drive the nice curvy roads in the more affluent parts of the Birmingham area Iā€™ll end running up on some amateur cyclist thatā€™s irate that some loud car suddenly closed in on him and that the driver didnā€™t see him on a narrow road around a blind corner.

If I drive out to the country and try to have fun there Iā€™ll run into a Rosco that thinks Iā€™m a Duke boy.

3B77EEF9-57BB-4A99-97E8-8E84D3B82CC3.jpeg

I canā€™t win.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I live in Alabama. If I drive the nice curvy roads in the more affluent parts of the Birmingham area Iā€™ll end running up on some amateur cyclist thatā€™s irate that some loud car suddenly closed in on him and that the driver didnā€™t see him on a narrow road around a blind corner.

If I drive out to the country and try to have fun there Iā€™ll run into a Rosco that thinks Iā€™m a Duke boy.

3B77EEF9-57BB-4A99-97E8-8E84D3B82CC3.jpeg

I canā€™t win.
?

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
When we lived in Maryville, TN, without question US 129.
Sponsored