• Total voters

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
But guys according to vehicle virgins it’s “the BEST sports car for under 40k” 😂😂😂😂😂

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
But guys according to vehicle virgins it’s “the BEST sports car for under 40k” 😂😂😂😂😂

I am reserving judgment til I can drive one but I will say that yellow is too pale, same problem the C8 has (I was originally gonna order a 2LT yellow C8 until I saw the color).

ndriver13

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

The only problem with this is that nobody in the market for a supra would ever buy the base Z, so the cost comparison is nonsense. The base is for BRZ buyers that might want to spend a bit more for the extra power.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also got a pang of envy watching Doug open the trunk with a button from the outside within the Nissan logo.
I've had Ford SUVs where you pop the rear glass with a little rubber button hidden under the upper license plate trim, next to the backup cam. In a year+ of ownership it's been real tough for me to believe this simple solution was either too complex or too costly for Toyota to include. :rolleyes1:

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only problem with this is that nobody in the market for a supra would ever buy the base Z, so the cost comparison is nonsense. The base is for BRZ buyers that might want to spend a bit more for the extra power.
Also the people like me that see some weirdness in the BRZ design from the rear wheels back. The Z at least doesn't have that problem.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I’ve got one
Me too, but not on my Supra because i don''t have one yet. But when I do, it will for sure get a boost gauge. Personally, I like steering column mounts, but I don't know what gets blocked on the Supra with the steering column pod that is available. On my car, the boost gauge really only blocks mostly the unused portion of the tach, so the placement is ideal. I'm hoping to do a similar setup in my future Supra, although I'd probably opt for a digital gauge rathern than an anolog gauge to better match the instrument cluster.

BG2.png

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It really doesn't bother me not having one. It means nothing. My STI had one, my GTI had one, you look at it twice, and then never again. Same as the power gauges in the Supra, I had that up maybe 3 times in 2 years.

Edit: the only gauges I monitor on track are tire pressures and temps.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It really doesn't bother me not having one. It means nothing. My STI had one, my GTI had one, you look at it twice, and then never again. Same as the power gauges in the Supra, I had that up maybe 3 times in 2 years.

Edit: the only gauges I monitor on track are tire pressures and temps.
Same on the powahh displays. Cool when you first discover them.....

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Me too, but not on my Supra because i don''t have one yet. But when I do, it will for sure get a boost gauge. Personally, I like steering column mounts, but I don't know what gets blocked on the Supra with the steering column pod that is available. On my car, the boost gauge really only blocks mostly the unused portion of the tach, so the placement is ideal. I'm hoping to do a similar setup in my future Supra, although I'd probably opt for a digital gauge rathern than an anolog gauge to better match the instrument cluster.

BG2.png
9F744957-3C82-42CB-89C0-3952BA3A5FB0.jpeg

this is my setup. Steering column mount is probably better at this time

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Dudes over there grasping now that there’s video proof it’s slower.
So it’s uglier, slower, Nissan quality, and an old chassis, and 50k gets you close to the supra features. I’d gladly pay the little extra again.
Sponsored