Foggy headlights (?)

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I noticed the other day my headlights consistently remain foggy in this colder weather. On first inspection when lights are off the headlight assemblies appear completely clear aside from exterior marks or dust. However when the lights come on they’ve been looking like this.
FF564F84-A4CF-4BE1-8D54-CE2B7CDAC2BA.png
I believe the manual says to let them run for at least 15 minutes to remove any condensation but honestly haven’t done that and specifically observed it. I can’t even tell if what i’m looking at is condensation or something else. I don’t notice any droplets forming. This looks kinda normal as if it was just refraction of light and maybe I never paid attention to it much, but it’s starting to bother me because it looks a lot foggier in nighttime photos. Is this just how it looks? I feel like it was different or clearer before lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I noticed the other day my headlights consistently remain foggy in this colder weather. On first inspection when lights are off the headlight assemblies appear completely clear aside from exterior marks or dust. However when the lights come on they’ve been looking like this.
FF564F84-A4CF-4BE1-8D54-CE2B7CDAC2BA.png
I believe the manual says to let them run for at least 15 minutes to remove any condensation but honestly haven’t done that and specifically observed it. I can’t even tell if what i’m looking at is condensation or something else. I don’t notice any droplets forming. This looks kinda normal as if it was just refraction of light and maybe I never paid attention to it much, but it’s starting to bother me because it looks a lot foggier in nighttime photos. Is this just how it looks? I feel like it was different or clearer before lol.
Mine look exactly like that at night...
Not really clear when looking at them directly...I figured it had something to do with the plastic lens...never really bothered me though..

Steve

OP
OP
obito

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine look exactly like that at night...
Not really clear when looking at them directly...I figured it had something to do with the plastic lens...never really bothered me though..

Steve
Yeah man. After posting this I realize I kind of sound insane and am nitpicking. They still look nice but I couldn’t help but fixate on it, and I guess I never really see photos or other Supra’s with their low beams on, so I felt like the odd car out.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Yeah man. After posting this I realize I kind of sound insane and am nitpicking. They still look nice but I couldn’t help but fixate on it, and I guess I never really see photos or other Supra’s with their low beams on, so I felt like the odd car out.
All good man...
Nothing wrong with wanting your car right...
I think most of us do it (fixate on potential issues)..

Steve
Sponsored