Formula 1 Talk

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Vasseur to Ferrari is big. Will be a great move I think he is well respected!

I also thought it was cool that Seidl just said look Im getting in at Audi so no hard feelings. lol
Sponsored

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
None of what you said is right lol. Formula One introduced new regulations to bring the field closer together. They're not all the same. Just look at the Mercedes no pod design. And they succeeded. The beginning of the year, Ferrari had the best car, but got out developed by Red Bull and Mercedes, who started off weak but came back during the season. All teams build cars for their #1 driver. The Red Bull was built for Max, the Ferrari for Leclerc, the Mercedes for Hamilton, etc. Just how it works. 5 seconds average over a race distance equates to a few tenths per lap. That's nothing. Mercedes during their dominance was at times over a second a lap faster than the nearest competitor. For 7 years the only competition Mercedes had was themselves except for a few races Ferrari and Red Bull won here and there. Red Bull has not had that luxury since Vettel drove there. Red Bull have had an incredible season, but there's been more dominance from others.
I have been a fan for almost 40 years and you know what youā€™re talking about!

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)

Finally, been waiting for this guy to release a video.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
So with Cadillac and Andretti teaming up for an entry into F1, does anyone think theyā€™ll be successful this time?

id love to see it, I feel that 12 teams, 24 cars might be the perfect amount but Merc, RB and Ferrari are sure to push back at the slightest hint of less pay out to the teams.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
So with Cadillac and Andretti teaming up for an entry into F1, does anyone think theyā€™ll be successful this time?

id love to see it, I feel that 12 teams, 24 cars might be the perfect amount but Merc, RB and Ferrari are sure to push back at the slightest hint of less pay out to the teams.
I feel like thereā€™s no way they should be denied now, they literally have all the boxes checked off. Just whether the top teams wanna keep being greedy or not. Regardless Iā€™d agree 12 teams seem like the perfect amount, then it would give some more chances for guys to actually make it to F1

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
F1 is so hot in America right now Sulayem would be crazy not to open his arms even more. Especially with Andretti's name and a pedigree like Cadillac already racing in tons of series. If they can get the new engine build right I think starting in the midfield is a real possibility.

I like to joke that it depends on whos aero they "copy" haha

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
F1 is so hot in America right now Sulayem would be crazy not to open his arms even more. Especially with Andretti's name and a pedigree like Cadillac already racing in tons of series. If they can get the new engine build right I think starting in the midfield is a real possibility.

I like to joke that it depends on whos aero they "copy" haha
I think you hit the nail on the head here. With as hot as F1 is here, Iā€™d argue the hottest easy itā€™s ever been, they be crazy to not do it with GM. So many Americans are like Aussies in the same respect as they fall into a camp and they donā€™t waver period. GM guys as GM guys no matter what. For some reason itā€™s like the Kyle Busch fanbase grew by half now that he is in a Chevy for example.

I also donā€™t think itā€™s just the big 3 that would oppose this either, with F1 only giving points out to the top 10, I can see teams that scrap for the 8th, 9th, 10th spots regularly opposing this also.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
They will all oppose it (regardless of what Zak Brown says) for their own reasons individually. But they will also oppose it collectively because they know any team in any year can come out of nowhere. Ross Brawn would agree with that.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I think you hit the nail on the head here. With as hot as F1 is here, Iā€™d argue the hottest easy itā€™s ever been, they be crazy to not do it with GM. So many Americans are like Aussies in the same respect as they fall into a camp and they donā€™t waver period. GM guys as GM guys no matter what. For some reason itā€™s like the Kyle Busch fanbase grew by half now that he is in a Chevy for example.

I also donā€™t think itā€™s just the big 3 that would oppose this either, with F1 only giving points out to the top 10, I can see teams that scrap for the 8th, 9th, 10th spots regularly opposing this also.
I, for one, am super pumped to see GM come to the table through Cadillac and possibly enter the sport. And yeah, an American team entering the sport right now is a no-brainer. It does not appear the fervor for F1 DTS has created in the US is likely to subside anytime soon. I'm not sure "win on Sunday/sell on Monday" necessarily applies here (or anymore I'm general) but it just makes good marketing sense.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Am I the only one who feels Alfaā€™s new livery looks A LOT like Ferrariā€™s overalls from last year?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I donā€™t know who's writing these headlines at ESPN butā€¦

5D765B9D-0147-4FFF-81A8-558684CF0859.jpeg

Gee, I wouldnā€™t have known. I thought Ferrari were aiming for 2nd place this year.

3DECE30D-B92A-4D42-8976-6A2E07C3AE21.jpeg

Guess Lanceā€™s car wasnā€™t finished in time. Hope they get it done before March.
Sponsored