Formula 1 Talk

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I couldn't close my jaw for a while after seeing it live. you only see something like that in movie with explosives and special effects.. Thank god that Grojean is alive and safe. But most commentators failed to mention that Stroll is also alive because of halo.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I couldn't close my jaw for a while after seeing it live. you only see something like that in movie with explosives and special effects.. Thank god that Grojean is alive and safe. But most commentators failed to mention that Stroll is also alive because of halo.
That's because it isn't true. In Stroll's case it actually hindered him from getting out of the car. Stroll's car was on the roll bar(aptly named), which is the top of the car behind his head. Halo had nothing to do with it.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
That's because it isn't true. In Stroll's case it actually hindered him from getting out of the car. Stroll's car was on the roll bar(aptly named), which is the top of the car behind his head. Halo had nothing to do with it.
if it wasn't for halo, his head would've hit the ground and may have killed him. it was most common death on open cockpit car in old days.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if it wasn't for halo, his head would've hit the ground and may have killed him. it was most common death on open cockpit car in old days.
No it wasn't. The roll bar prevents that.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
you seem to have answer to everything and will believe whatever you believe. hence I have nothing further to add to this discussion.

2qsn1xc348261.jpg
Wow, hadn't seen that pic yet, pretty amazing.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
you seem to have answer to everything and will believe whatever you believe. hence I have nothing further to add to this discussion.

2qsn1xc348261.jpg
I do have an answer, because you're wrong lol. See the scuff by the air intake? That's the roll bar. That's what saved Stroll. Just because there's a scuff on the Halo, doesn't mean that saved him. Without a Halo, he would've been absolutely fine. But because it sticks out, naturally it gets scuffed in a roll over. As did other parts of the car.

They all lived. No Halo.

Sergio-Perez-crash.jpg

747edca9b145073b7875f15138378b88.jpg

z0eyxnf.jpg

01CwGAj.jpg

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
So, who gets Hamilton's seat?

Glad to hear his symptoms are mild, and in his physical condition he'll bounce back fine, but that leaves the most coveted seat in F1 open for a fill in for possibly the next two races.

Russell?
Hulk?
Gutierrez?
Others?

It just popped into my head that Hulk might even have a seat ready if the Racing Point is similar enough the the Merc.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Glad to hear his symptoms are mild, and in his physical condition he'll bounce back fine, but that leaves the most coveted seat in F1 open for a fill in for possibly the next two races.

Russell?
Hulk?
Gutierrez?
Others?

It just popped into my head that Hulk might even have a seat ready if the Racing Point is similar enough the the Merc.
My suspicion is Hulk, though I think it would be a good audition for Russell. Russell certainly would make for a very compelling storyline. I could see either of them being very competitive with Bottas if they have sufficient seat time. Stoffel Vandoorne is the only other option I can think of, but I would rank him third in terms of who I'd want to see. I believe Gutierrez doesn't have a super license anymore, so he is out.

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

Russell?
Hulk?
Gutierrez?
Others?

It's between Vandoorne or Russell. Most people want Russell in the car, and apparently he's the priority right now. Vandoorne is second in the list if Williams doesn't release him.