Formula 1 Talk

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
You think he is going to do much better than Yuki? I dont dislike Ric, more just neutral. Based on what he did at Alpine and especially Mclaren I'd be surprised if he could even hang with Perez, and not coming close to Max.
Hard to tell what his pace in the AT will be, but experience is worth a lot in the sport. They need an experienced driver to help develop the car. If a driver is too much of a rookie to provide feedback on the car, there's no progress.

I suspect Redbull is getting Danny warmed up for Checo's seat in 2024.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
You think he is going to do much better than Yuki? I dont dislike Ric, more just neutral. Based on what he did at Alpine and especially Mclaren I'd be surprised if he could even hang with Perez, and not coming close to Max.
I don't know, but I just read his best lap from today would've put him P2 next to Max in qualifying. So that's something.

But, it wasn't known what compound tire he was on. Since the British GP used the 3 hardest compounds, it could've been a faster tire. But still, that's impressive when you haven't sat in a car in 8 months or so.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I don't know, but I just read his best lap from today would've put him P2 next to Max in qualifying. So that's something.

But, it wasn't known what compound tire he was on. Since the British GP used the 3 hardest compounds, it could've been a faster tire. But still, that's impressive when you haven't sat in a car in 8 months or so.
And supposedly the car wasn't setup for qualy performance either. So likely just a neutral setup or whatever they thought might be best to test the tire's performance on.

I haven't read anything on what will happen to Nyck though. Is he going to be moved to a reserve driver roll or just given the boot entirely?

Either way, glad to see Ric back in a racing seat. Looking forward to seeing Ric and Yuki content!

Killswitch24

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm happy to see Daniel back on the grid. My 9yo son was a little upset, saying "they didn't give nyck a chance..." lol.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It is harsh on Nyck, but this is the big leagues. You either perform. Or you're out. He's an F2 and FE Champion, and he should've been better. It's not like he never raced open wheeled cars before.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Much like everyone else Iā€™m happy for Ric to be back on the grid. It will be interesting to see quickly he can reacquaint himself to F1 racing. Donā€™t expect him to out perform Yuki right out of the gate, he has not done much if any sim work with their vehicle. I think these next two races before the break will get him back closer to where he was, then after we should expect him to challenge Yuki for the best driver from that team.

As far as Checo and his seat, Iā€™m not sold on him being close to losing it at the moment. He has built up quite a bit of good will over the past couple of seasons, so if he leaves itā€™ll likely be his choice.

Last thing, my god itā€™s nice seeing my McLaren team back at the front. I hope itā€™s the start of them fighting to get further up the standings and the past two weekends may have convinced Lando to stick around and saved Browns job. Rookie of the year is almost certainly going to Oscar, and weā€™ll deserved. Might be the best young pair on the grid and if they can get the car right they could be fighting at the front for years.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Meanwhile, at Ferrari Race Control...

fscteam.png
Iā€™ve now officially subscribed to this guy
At least Sky is trying to improve by sacking Paul Di Resta aka The Devil Himself šŸ˜‚

Seriously, it's worth watching RocketPoweredMohawk's entire video catalog just to hear him rip "PUAL" to shreds at every possible opportunity!
Absolutely fantastic explanation on brain worms šŸŖ± and how reality will never work for some šŸ˜‚ - fast forward 11 mins in to get straight to it - brilliant explanation!!!! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ Otherwise, watch the whole thing if you havenā€˜t yet šŸ‘‡

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score