VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Sir Lewis Hamilton.
I think Turkey proved (again) it's really not all down to the car. I like to think I know F1 strategy and I was sitting there wondering why he wouldn't pit for fresh inters. But it was possibly the most exciting race of the season. Bahrain Outer should be a treat too.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think Turkey proved (again) it's really not all down to the car. I like to think I know F1 strategy and I was sitting there wondering why he wouldn't pit for fresh inters. But it was possibly the most exciting race of the season. Bahrain Outer should be a treat too.
It most certainly is all down to the car. Bottas being a mediocre driver sitting in 2nd place proves it. Lewis is a great driver, no doubt about it, but he hasn't had any real competition since Rosberg left. And he was his only competition because the other cars are too slow.
As far as Turkey goes, his tires were worn to the point of being slicks. And it actually helped him. The other drivers got slower when they pitted for new inters. Perez did exactly the same thing as Hamilton. Stayed out, and reaped the benefits.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is one of the most important factors as well. Rosberg was damn good. Bottas is just another one of Lewis' dogs.
Rosberg wasn't afraid to get his elbows dirty. Bottas says he isn't, but proves the opposite by rolling over every chance he gets. Rosberg knew he didn't quite have Hamilton's skill, so he tried every other way to stay ahead. Bottas is just like...... ok. And accepts it.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Rosberg wasn't afraid to get his elbows dirty. Bottas says he isn't, but proves the opposite by rolling over every chance he gets. Rosberg knew he didn't quite have Hamilton's skill, so he tried every other way to stay ahead. Bottas is just like...... ok. And accepts it.
This. So much this. Rosberg was insanely talented but Hamilton was a freak of nature. Rosberg gave Hamilton regular competition as much as the Brits like to deny it.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
What version of Bottas are we on now? 2.0? 3.0? 11?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
They just need to ctrl-alt-del that whole program. Put an aggressive driver in there.
I’d love to see Russell in that second seat but Bottas is doing what Mercedes asks for out of the number 2 driver: solid performance and no drama...

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
What a crash! It was amazing that Roman walked away.
It’s a crock that Checo is out, he drove great.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If Grosjean is going to leave F1, Grosjean is leaving in true Grosjean fashion lol.
I'm glad he was ok. I was convinced he was hurt.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
I watched it live and it still terrifies me after seeing it at least a dozen times.
I will never forgot Aryton Senna's crash at Imola watching it live.
I knew the instant he crashed he was gone, but he saved the life of Erik Comas @1992 Belgium GP.
Very sad day for all. RIP best ever F1 driver and a true hero.
Sponsored