Formula 1 Talk

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
McLaren awesome job! Albon too. Fantastic. Perez WTF dude.
I acknowledge that Perez has done well in past years, and we all know he's capable when he's on, but at this point maybe we should see what Albon can do in the seat for next year.

Plus Mick needs a seat too and Williams might just be the sort of car he needs to develop as a driver.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I acknowledge that Perez has done well in past years, and we all know he's capable when he's on, but at this point maybe we should see what Albon can do in the seat for next year.

Plus Mick needs a seat too and Williams might just be the sort of car he needs to develop as a driver.
Albon might be off to Ferrari to replace Sainz. After Perez leaves it's probably Ricciardo again.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Albon might be off to Ferrari to replace Sainz. After Perez leaves it's probably Ricciardo again.
I would be okay with this too. Would love to see Ricciardo back in a seat if for nothing else than to have more Ricciardo interviews, lol

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
If They replace Perez, I think they’ll want to use someone from the academy, so probably Ricciardo.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Albon reminds me a little of Giancarlo Fisicalla, he can get the most out of a poor car but struggles in a truly fast one.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
McLaren awesome job! Albon too. Fantastic. Perez WTF dude.
So happy for McLaren! Really disappointed for Checo :( Bad timing for that Alfa to power down. Still if those Red Bull cars are similar, he should be up there with Max. Love how the other teams are paired together after qualifying. Imagine Hamilton or Alonso in the other RB seat 😱. Doubt that’ll ever happen but sure would be fun to watch!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So happy for McLaren! Really disappointed for Checo :( Bad timing for that Alfa to power down. Still if those Red Bull cars are similar, he should be up there with Max. Love how the other teams are paired together after qualifying. Imagine Hamilton or Alonso in the other RB seat 😱. Doubt that’ll ever happen but sure would be fun to watch!
5 times in a row you can't claim circumstances anymore. And Albon qualified in a Williams after Perez did. That car is either really hard to drive in mixed conditions, and Max just has a better handle on it, or Perez just isn't good. Max might get an upgrade before Perez does, but other than that the cars are identical. They have the same time frame to do their laps. So there's no noticeable advantage other than skill.
I would love for Alonso to have that second seat. I think he would too. He'd have a blast. And I think he'd win quite a few races.
Hamilton would never. Him and Max have nothing in common, they're not friends, and that environment would be more explosive than when he was Rosberg's teammate. They wouldn't give each other an inch, and the cost cap would be reached by race 3 in spare parts. Hamilton needs to be the clear #1 in the team, and Max would obviously not let that happen. Alonso is at the point where he doesn't care. He just wants a race winning car. Max isn't the type of guy to demand #1 status, he just goes out and gets it by outperforming whoever is next to him.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
5 times in a row you can't claim circumstances anymore.
So true ☝ Hate to say it because I like the guy. But he‘s just not delivering. I’d rather see what someone else could do in that car. Papa Stroll seems to have deep pockets and very happy with Alonso. So, doubtful he’d let him go $$$. Perhaps Hulkenberg or Albon might be on the affordable exploratory list? Ricardo… been there done that, imo.

Lando and Max seem to get along really well. If Red Bull could afford such a move, their synergy would be fantastic!

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What a great race. Lando had a fantastic day. I don't know what Ferrari were thinking.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was a boring race. The worst of the year imo. Only saving grace was the safety car. Other than McLaren's great start and the SC there was really nothing to it.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So true ☝ Hate to say it because I like the guy. But he‘s just not delivering. I’d rather see what someone else could do in that car. Papa Stroll seems to have deep pockets and very happy with Alonso. So, doubtful he’d let him go $$$. Perhaps Hulkenberg or Albon might be on the affordable exploratory list? Ricardo… been there done that, imo.

Lando and Max seem to get along really well. If Red Bull could afford such a move, their synergy would be fantastic!
Albon already had that seat and was moved along. It’s tough to have a team with 2 top drivers, stuff goes downhill fast. It’s normal for a team to have a number one driver and a number 2 driver.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What a great race. Lando had a fantastic day. I don't know what Ferrari were thinking.
Yea, I have no idea what’s going on a Ferrari. Maybe they should break their bank and hire Hanna Schmidt away from RB, she never seems to get a call wrong.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Yea, I have no idea what’s going on a Ferrari. Maybe they should break their bank and hire Hanna Schmidt away from RB, she never seems to get a call wrong.
If you put good people into Ferrari they just get eaten.
It took Brawn years to make them work as a cohesive team and it pretty quickly fell apart after he moved on...
Sponsored