RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
In other news, it sucks for Andretti, personally I think 12 teams are optimal and that eventually Andretti would be competitive.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm blown away, I've always been a Lewis fan, and I dislike Ferrari mainly because the company treats it drivers like ass and its customers worse. IDK what im doing next year haha. That said i bet the new Merc just isnt there and Lewis is at the end of his career and just said screw it, He has always loved Ferrari and i doubt he thinks he will win a title with them just wanted to drive for big red.

Well if people thought he was a "whiner" before, just wait until he gets some of the outstanding pit strategy calls that are coming up.

Edit: Also odds that Toto had to by another phone when he hung up yesterday????????

and......

Lewis: Is it hammer time yet?
Ferrari: We are checking.... question....

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think this is a huge mistake on Lewis' part. Unless Mercedes told him he's done after 2024, I think it's the wrong move. Ferrari LOVES Charles and they will not treat him like Mercedes treated Bottas and Russell. Not to mention Wolff is Hamilton's biggest fan so he could get away with anything at Mercedes. If he starts publicly berating Ferrari like he's done Mercedes in the past, he's going to have a problem because Ferrari won't allow that kind of nonsense.
Not to mention Mercedes is superior to Ferrari as a team, so in that regard alone it's a step back.
To me it's a lose-lose for him. He won't be #1 in the team, the team is worse, and Charles will do anything to show he's better.

That being said, it will be entertaining lol.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I think this is a huge mistake on Lewis' part. Unless Mercedes told him he's done after 2024, I think it's the wrong move. Ferrari LOVES Charles and they will not treat him like Mercedes treated Bottas and Russell. Not to mention Wolff is Hamilton's biggest fan so he could get away with anything at Mercedes. If he starts publicly berating Ferrari like he's done Mercedes in the past, he's going to have a problem because Ferrari won't allow that kind of nonsense.
Not to mention Mercedes is superior to Ferrari as a team, so in that regard alone it's a step back.
To me it's a lose-lose for him. He won't be #1 in the team, the team is worse, and Charles will do anything to show he's better.

That being said, it will be entertaining lol.
Thereā€™s no doubt it will be entertaining! šŸ„³ However, I disagree it was a bad decision. If I were in Lewisā€™ (or Nibbleā€™s) shoes, so to speak, Iā€™d probably do the same thing.

Imagine driving all your life. You know nothing else - other than being a tool for the racing machine. This is one of the few things he actually has control of. So Iā€™ve got more respect for him. Having the balls to go out swinging and not just roll over & let Toto scratch his belly.

Plus, you ever see the way he looks at those Red Bull cars? Itā€™s like heā€™s undressing them every time. If you canā€™t have that, this has to be the next best thing. Look at what Charles is doing. Iā€™m sure he thinks he can do better. Plus, no one can deny his championship record. The dude is an unquestionable badass behind the wheel. Heā€™s got nothing to loose.

So Ferrari will have to step up their game. Iā€™m sure Vasseur & him had this conversation. Theyā€™ve known each other for quite a while. So heā€™s not an unknown. He might even like him better šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø But he obviously believes that Fred can turn around that iconic brand.

Bonus: this has to be good for Red Bull and Max as well. Christian and Max thrive on competition. Even just on paper, this will add some octane for 2024. And hell YUS itā€™s going to be one of the most anticipated seasons in 2025 šŸ’«

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Thereā€™s no doubt it will be entertaining! šŸ„³ However, I disagree it was a bad decision. If I were in Lewisā€™ (or Nibbleā€™s) shoes, so to speak, Iā€™d probably do the same thing.

Imagine driving all your life. You know nothing else - other than being a tool for the racing machine. This is one of the few things he actually has control of. So Iā€™ve got more respect for him. Having the balls to go out swinging and not just roll over & let Toto scratch his belly.

Plus, you ever see the way he looks at those Red Bull cars? Itā€™s like heā€™s undressing them every time. If you canā€™t have that, this has to be the next best thing. Look at what Charles is doing. Iā€™m sure he thinks he can do better. Plus, no one can deny his championship record. The dude is an unquestionable badass behind the wheel. Heā€™s got nothing to loose.

So Ferrari will have to step up their game. Iā€™m sure Vasseur & him had this conversation. Theyā€™ve known each other for quite a while. So heā€™s not an unknown. He might even like him better šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø But he obviously believes that Fred can turn around that iconic brand.

Bonus: this has to be good for Red Bull and Max as well. Christian and Max thrive on competition. Even just on paper, this will add some octane for 2024. And hell YUS itā€™s going to be one of the most anticipated seasons in 2025 šŸ’«
I hope you're right. It'll be a long wait till next season lol. I'm curious how it's going to go if Mercedes is much better this year than Ferrari, and who Mercedes will get. I'm kind of thinking Vettel. Charles will stop at nothing to beat Lewis though, to cement his own legacy.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
$100m per year according to "reports", Ferrari must've really wanted to get him. I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his contract for if Bono wanted to leave Merc?

I'm happy about the move because F1 really needed some good Silly Season shit - it's just a shame that it wasn't a move for the '24 season.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Hamilton's career is at the beginning of twilight if not already in. His mentor, late Niki Lauda also driven with Ferrari like other big names such as Schumacher, Vettel, & Alonso in modern era. So it is almost every F1 driver's dream to drive for Ferrari once in their career. Hence, I think it is right move to enter while door is open. Also, given long relationship with Toto, I think it was done in most respectful way possible in F1 world. - considering the weight of the news, there aren't much controversy. Although I'm not so much fan of Ferrari but I don't mind cheering for him in Ferrari, George/MB, Lando/McLaren, Alex/Williams, LeClerc/Ferrari, & ETC.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
While I'm sure the "heritage" aspect played a part in the decision (and 9-figure contract), I like to think it was a more frivolous decision. I think he looked in his garage and said "I've got too many promo Mercedes already... I want some free Ferrari's in here as well."

Sure he can afford anything right now, but since they're forced to show "brand loyalty" under contract I believe - he just didn't want to wait until retirement to daily drive a Ferrari. ;)

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
While I'm sure the "heritage" aspect played a part in the decision (and 9-figure contract), I like to think it was a more frivolous decision. I think he looked in his garage and said "I've got too many promo Mercedes already... I want some free Ferrari's in here as well."

Sure he can afford anything right now, but since they're forced to show "brand loyalty" under contract I believe - he just didn't want to wait until retirement to daily drive a Ferrari. ;)
Ahh, yes, the Mercedes-AMG ONE was the tipping point. šŸ˜†

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I really don't care for Horner, but I'm not jumping on this buss to have his head yet. I just cant believe people send photos of their junk to people like that, there is evidence right there... like how stupid.. Though if he did send something, I bet he sent this..........

1707263052790.png