Sponsored

Formula 1 Talk

Ron L

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
277
Reaction score
425
Location
SW Florida
Car(s)
2025 Toyota Supra & 2024 Toyota Rav4
Monza was something really special.
One of the most action packed F1 races I’ve seen in a while.
So much action at all ends of the pack, I couldn’t keep up with all of it at times lol.
I can’t remember the last time a race had me on the edge of my seat so many times.

What Kimi did was unbelievable, this kid is something else.
Legendary performance.
I've been a fan of F1 since I was a kid and I've watched almost every F1 race that's ever been on TV, and I attended 2 F1 races in Detroit. I think this Monza race was the most fun race I've ever seen! The new rules are much better than the old DRS zones. And I'd be happy if they would change the deployment levels for each individual track so we would get some 'yoyo' racing in every race and not just a few long or fast tracks.

Kimi's drive was amazing. But he was in the right place at the right time. Monza is one of, if not the best track for making passes easier. And the new rules for energy deployment made it even easier. But still, a spectacular drive where even Max couldn't quite keep up!
Sponsored

 

Ron L

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
277
Reaction score
425
Location
SW Florida
Car(s)
2025 Toyota Supra & 2024 Toyota Rav4
Are we ready for F1 on the new Madring circuit? Is it possible that a 270 degree corner with a 24 degree banking taken at 150+ mph may be more than the current tires can tolerate? Remember Indianapolis when even a slight baking on a 90 degree corner was too much and 2/3rds of the field didn't race!
 

26StratMT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
89
Reaction score
127
Location
Arizona
Car(s)
26 Supra Stratosphere MT
The Madrid track itself is pretty cool and definitely challenges the drivers.
It has a lot of cool features like the banked corner etc.
That said, it seemed to make for a fairly uneventful race.
Maybe I was just spoiled by Monza. 🤣
Kimi crushed it again!
 

Ron L

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
277
Reaction score
425
Location
SW Florida
Car(s)
2025 Toyota Supra & 2024 Toyota Rav4
The Madrid track itself is pretty cool and definitely challenges the drivers.
It has a lot of cool features like the banked corner etc.
That said, it seemed to make for a fairly uneventful race.
Maybe I was just spoiled by Monza. 🤣
Kimi crushed it again!
It's a slightly longer and faster version of Monaco. Maybe fun to drive, but almost no passing. Lando probably would have passed Max at most other tracks. They need to take out the first 2 turns, so the front straight leads into a flat out turn 3 and the make turn 4 a corner and not a chicane!
 

Ron L

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
277
Reaction score
425
Location
SW Florida
Car(s)
2025 Toyota Supra & 2024 Toyota Rav4
Great race on Saturday. Max gave it everything he could, but the handling of the Mercedes in the twisties was to much for the Red Bull on the straights!
 

26StratMT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
89
Reaction score
127
Location
Arizona
Car(s)
26 Supra Stratosphere MT
Great race on Saturday. Max gave it everything he could, but the handling of the Mercedes in the twisties was to much for the Red Bull on the straights!
Yea it was a good race, 2nd half was pretty action-filled.
George kept it together under enormous pressure from Max.
Hadjar performed very well and played the team game but stayed right with max, even putting some pressure on him.
Kimi made good progress through the field after a disaster qualifying but I’m sure he had hoped for more.
Pretty much a disaster of a race for McLaren and Alpine.
I would not have wanted to be in Franco’s shoes having to face Flavio after the race.
Franco and Lindblad both faced a tough ending to the race, having taken out their teammate.
Both looked super disappointed with themselves and apologies were plentiful.
I don’t even know what to say about Aston, this season is a complete disaster.
A lot of DNF’s in that race!
 

Funkjaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Michael
Joined
Oct 28, 2024
Threads
15
Messages
399
Reaction score
633
Location
Austin
Car(s)
Your mom is my ride
I'll be going to my first F1 race next month at COTA. TBH I'm not a formula 1 fan at all. Auto gearboxes, electric motors, 400+ pages of rules and regulations... doesn't get any gayer than that. But who knows maybe I'll be a fan once I see it in person. (going to MotoGP made me a fan).
 

Ron L

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Nov 29, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
277
Reaction score
425
Location
SW Florida
Car(s)
2025 Toyota Supra & 2024 Toyota Rav4
I'll be going to my first F1 race next month at COTA. TBH I'm not a formula 1 fan at all. Auto gearboxes, electric motors, 400+ pages of rules and regulations... doesn't get any gayer than that. But who knows maybe I'll be a fan once I see it in person. (going to MotoGP made me a fan).
I hope it gets you hooked. But I don't know that COTA is a great spectator track... at least not the way I like to spectate. I like wandering around the track and photograph it from various places. I often ask people with motorhomes that they can watch from up on top, if I can come up and take a few photos. At Sebring, for the 12 Hour IMSA race, everybody I asked invited me up. Most of them even offered me food or beverages. I could have been falling down drunk 2 hours into the race if I wanted to! But I'm more into photography and need to keep a clear head!
AP1240122R1 Mazda Turn 5.webp
 

tracer bullet

Well-Known Member
First Name
Greg
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
326
Reaction score
230
Location
MN
Car(s)
2025 BMW Z4 M40 6spd
Well, guess who finally has a pole position for I think the first time this year?

It used to mean he'd be a guaranteed win because he'd make a good start and no one would possibly catch up. Could be a good one tomorrow.
Sponsored

 
 








Top