OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
I had full car ppf ed stealth matte. I remember installer saying front and rear bumpers were the hardest parts. He did front hy hand rear pre cut. From Toronto area.

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg
Whats the shops name I'm looking for places that can redo my bumper currently
Sponsored

OP
OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
That's not a good cut at all and an eye sore. 2600CAD for only front bumper? Or the whole front end? Hood etc?

The inseam should go way underneath (near the middle grill) atleast. Tucked away and all.

Would definitely try elsewhere.
$2600 for full front end + rockers and door vent piece I will be taking it back in 1.5 weeks (cant get booked earlier)to get the bumper and a few other pieces redone

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium 3.0 Supra
I'm assuming that's $2400 CAD for the whole front (front bumper, hood, A-pillars, maybe front fender)? Hood is a huge piece, so that brings up the cost a lot.

I got a similar result from my shop on my front bumper, same seams, but I only paid $500* USD for front bumper and A-pillars. It's because they are using templates that are laser cut. It's not going to give a flawless, seamless install but it will be significantly cheaper and faster to install. Also less dangerous, since the other alternative is installing from a full roll and using knives. Only the most expensive shops will use knifeless tape bc it takes MUCH longer to set up the knifeless tape. Personally, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on PPF, so for $500 I'm very happy. For me, good enough is good enough.

* I suspect they are giving me a really good rate because I've gone to them many times over the last 5 years. Always nice to find a shop that values repeat customers. The most I'd pay is maybe $800 for this job.
Which shop did you go to for that price?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Mine is exactly the same @OP, can confirm the guy told me the same, it was a reputable experienced installer with years of experience - I will send photos to compare to yours once I get back home as I'm abroad now - so far, no peeling issues and you only notice the edges about 2 feet away, but it's not too unsightly, I still think it's the lesser evil vs no ppf.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Just stand 6 feet away you will never know 😜. Ive seen Wraps to PPF on many cars no matter what they do not come out perfect and are wear items. The lighter colored cars will see more imperfections. But I
have to admit that was a lousy job my front bumper does not have cut lines there. Remember these are wear items not for long term use. So drive your car alot to get the most out of your PPF.

Last edited:

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
That's pretty bad unless it was really cheap. Ask them to redo it and show them the template available on xpel's site.

havok

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JKUR Recon
That does not look good at all. If the shop can't do it right, get your money back and try somewhere else. They should have told you what it was going to look like, or shown you pics, before they even started.
Sponsored