Front License Plate Drill Holes

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Found another one, hoping I can close out a good deal out on Monday morning. Looks like there are quite a few Supras at the port.
Hope this works out for you!
Found more than a few on AutoTrader yesterday at MSRP or slightly under. The 2.0 like mine, 4Cyl are mostly all at MSRP or less. This was for new. Used are all over the place and mainly over-priced lol

sbodnar

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2015 ML400, 2014 CLA, 2007 G35X
Had a Porsche with 2 front plate holder holes. Hated it. Used some of those interior/exterior attaching plugs for trim, carpet, etc. Primed, painted and clear coated them. Then put a dab of silicone on the flexible tabs on the back and pushed them into the bumper. Pretty clean look. Not perfect, but inexpensive and looks kind of stock.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Had a Porsche with 2 front plate holder holes. Hated it. Used some of those interior/exterior attaching plugs for trim, carpet, etc. Primed, painted and clear coated them. Then put a dab of silicone on the flexible tabs on the back and pushed them into the bumper. Pretty clean look. Not perfect, but inexpensive and looks kind of stock.
Those plugs work better on flatter bumpers. A buddy of mine has them on his V60 wagon and they're hard to see, but with the Supra's curved nose, they might stand out a bit more.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Sorry for digging this up but I am facing the same issue. I got my car a year ago, and while I told them to not drill holes into my ordered car, the order got delayed a lot and I negotiated to get one of the very rare (in Europe) A91's. That one had holes drilled in though, and I thought I'd get over it. I didn't. I absolutely hate how that destroys the front of the car. Is there anyone else who got it fixed up and if yes, how and what did it cost?

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Sorry for digging this up but I am facing the same issue. I got my car a year ago, and while I told them to not drill holes into my ordered car, the order got delayed a lot and I negotiated to get one of the very rare (in Europe) A91's. That one had holes drilled in though, and I thought I'd get over it. I didn't. I absolutely hate how that destroys the front of the car. Is there anyone else who got it fixed up and if yes, how and what did it cost?
How bad are the holes? If you opt for a fix/respray, depending on where you go, expect 600-1k most likely. Before my dealer took care of it, the quote was around 800 for a good reputable shop at the time.

Also, if you decide to do this, I'd say sooner than later. Sun fade can make color matching more difficult. Also, not sure if that blue would add extra $ to amount of work etc. Since everything seems to be a "Supra tax" with these cars. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
How bad are the holes? If you opt for a fix/respray, depending on where you go, expect 600-1k most likely. Before my dealer took care of it, the quote was around 800 for a good reputable shop at the time.

Also, if you decide to do this, I'd say sooner than later. Sun fade can make color matching more difficult. Also, not sure if that blue would add extra $ to amount of work etc. Since everything seems to be a "Supra tax" with these cars. :rolleyes:
I really wouldn't like to have the bumper resprayed because I am sure it will be noticeable 🥲

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Then what are you asking in this thread?

Bufger

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Mk5 Jarama Race Edition
So what has everyone done? I'm looking to move my plate and i found SEVEN HOLES where they had obviously screwed up alignment and tried again.. They are 3-5mm in diameter but not too noticeable from a distance.

SupraXXII

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra

Bufger

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Mk5 Jarama Race Edition
Thanks and also... o_Oo_Oo_O
I cant believe dealers would ruin a front end like this knowing most of the community will want to move the plates.
Sponsored