Front Radar Sensor- Error 482136 Sensor Misalignment

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So in your videos was your sensor scratched or anything? And yeah if those brackets are broken or damaged it’s automatically your fault in their eyes. Mine is confirmed to be fine yet I need a field rep to approve the repair
Can your tell me what this part is (circled in red)?

Is this an adjustment point or is there anything fragile here?

That’s what they mentioned when saying a rock hit my MM Wave sensor and “broke the laser”. I’m guessing it’s an adjustment point but don’t know for sure so I ordered the two brackets and plan to go back to the dealer with a better understanding of what I’m looking at.

IMG_6548.jpeg
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

That’s what they mentioned when saying a rock hit my MM Wave sensor and “broke the laser”. I’m guessing it’s an adjustment point but don’t know for sure so I ordered the two brackets and plan to go back to the dealer with a better understanding of what I’m looking at.

IMG_6548.jpeg
I'm confused. isn't all that behind a plastic protector? Not only 1, but 2? There is the one on the bumper and also the one on top of that AFTER taking it off the bumper. How could any rock even come close to it unless it has teleportation abilities?

20200726_184119.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm confused. isn't all that behind a plastic protector? Not only 1, but 2? There is the one on the bumper and also the one on top of that AFTER taking it off the bumper. How could any rock even come close to it unless it has teleportation abilities?

20200726_184119.jpg
Best way to put it- it's a miracle. I got denied because there is a little abrasion on the metal, nothing on the housing unit or anywhere else, bumper totally fine. But that little metal piece is scratched. Toyota refusing to cover it.

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

IMG_6548.jpeg
From what I was told that's an adjusting bolt thats used to help the sensor be properly angled. The radar is the box to the right.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Best way to put it- it's a miracle. I got denied because there is a little abrasion on the metal, nothing on the housing unit or anywhere else, bumper totally fine. But that little metal piece is scratched. Toyota refusing to cover it.
I love dealers. Going to assume the dealer did that while taking it off.

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I love dealers. Going to assume the dealer did that while taking it off.
664227E0-1BD0-457A-ACA9-A5F35A2A4896_1_105_c.jpeg

I took this pic myself, see that little scratch? Nothing anywhere else but right there. $1500 + Tax now. How could that happen? Nobody knows-it's a miracle!

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
664227E0-1BD0-457A-ACA9-A5F35A2A4896_1_105_c.jpeg

I took this pic myself, see that little scratch? Nothing anywhere else but right there. $1500 + Tax now. How could that happen? Nobody knows-it's a miracle!

That scratch on the back corner?!! Sounds like Bs to me but then again I’m the guy they showed a video to claiming that adjustment point was a broken laser so…🤷🏻‍♂️

What are they doing to fix it for $1500? The sensor is almost $4K at list price. Is it 1500 to replace that bracket and put it all back together plus alignment?

giphy.gif

OP
OP

edogjh

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
That scratch on the back corner?!! Sounds like Bs to me but then again I’m the guy they showed a video to claiming that adjustment point was a broken laser so…🤷🏻‍♂️

What are they doing to fix it for $1500? The sensor is almost $4K at list price. Is it 1500 to replace that bracket and put it all back together plus alignment?

giphy.gif
Bracket is dirt cheap, its the labor work and alignment that makes up that cost. Can't really go elsewhere cause either way stuck with a diagnostic fee...