Fullscreen Apple Carplay

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
You would think that because underneath the skin, it's iDrive 6.0 that it would be easy to do it. I guess not.

Now if I can only get the gauges to stop automatically dimming during the daytime. *facepalm*
You can code a daytime brightness control. Solves this problem for good. No longer auto-adjusts or dims.

See post #25 in this thread.
Sponsored

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
You can code a daytime brightness control. Solves this problem for good. No longer auto-adjusts or dims.

See post #25 in this thread.
I've done this - and this fixes the issue for the navigation display, but does not solve the problem for the instrument cluster. I have tinted windows, and 80-90% of the time the instrument cluster is dim. Shine a light on the left side of the gauge cluster where the light sensor is, and it brightens to full brightness where you can actually read everything.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
You would think that because underneath the skin, it's iDrive 6.0 that it would be easy to do it. I guess not.

Now if I can only get the gauges to stop automatically dimming during the daytime. *facepalm*
Gauge problem or headunit brightness problem. I did the BimmerCode fix for screen brightness and it made a huge difference.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Gauge problem or headunit brightness problem. I did the BimmerCode fix for screen brightness and it made a huge difference.
Yes, it made a huge difference for the head unit, but did absolutely nothing for the instrument cluster for me. Just have to deal with it, I guess.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Contacted a company in the UK called Defined Coding. They remote code full screen for BMW's and they've given me the software and we tried to code the Supra. It told me that the Supra was incompatible, but they've reached back out and said that I need to update the software in the head unit. So once they get back to me, I'll try to do that, and maybe then it will allow full screen.

If it does, I'll forward their contact info to you guys and maybe we can finally get full screen ACP. *fingers crossed*

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Contacted a company in the UK called Defined Coding. They remote code full screen for BMW's and they've given me the software and we tried to code the Supra. It told me that the Supra was incompatible, but they've reached back out and said that I need to update the software in the head unit. So once they get back to me, I'll try to do that, and maybe then it will allow full screen.

If it does, I'll forward their contact info to you guys and maybe we can finally get full screen ACP. *fingers crossed*
does the head unit software update require going to the dealership?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

If it does, I'll forward their contact info to you guys and maybe we can finally get full screen ACP. *fingers crossed
Can you ask specifically what version of software is needed?

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Still waiting to hear back. The owner of the company is currently in the middle of a house move — not sure if software update requires going to a dealer

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still waiting to hear back. The owner of the company is currently in the middle of a house move — not sure if software update requires going to a dealer
iDrive software takes a dealer visit. Or I least it does with my BMW. Not that the Supra is a BMW or anything.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
iDrive software takes a dealer visit. Or I least it does with my BMW. Not that the Supra is a BMW or anything.
Yeah, it requires hooking up to ISTA which a friend of mine has, but I’m going to try and get it in to a dealer and update everything if needed

tsa96

First Name
Talha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021, Geely EMGRAND 7
FULLSCREEN APPLE CARPLAY IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

Guys, I hope you're all doing well and staying safe out there.

Just came across the following video: 2021 GR Supra Full Screen CarPlay

Now, we know it is indeed possible and it seems the newer ones arriving at dealerships already have it configured. I guess we just have to investigate into how exactly we can apply the same configuration for existing owners? From the looks of it, I think the headunit in the video is still running iDrive 6.

P.S. I'll be getting my Supra here in Saudi Arabia after new stock arrives in a month or two, so I'm curiously exploring this and hope we can all figure it out together. I'm aware the ones arriving in GCC countries, Australia, New Zealand, etc. don't come with Apple CarPlay at all! Nevertheless, it could be easily activated as I understand.

Peace.

kermit

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Happened to be at the dealer today and asked if they had the capability to do iDrive software updates...met with blank stares and nobody was sure. Maybe we have to take our Supras to a BMW dealer? LOL
Sponsored