2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
I just watched this video and idk how accurate or how much to believe...
I'm not sure. Most of my BMW-owning friends use this as a tender. Not really as a "jump my car off" charger

Edit: Ahhhh. Nvm I see! Guess I wont' be using it! LOL

** Guy in that video says if you have a new battery, and you're just updating one module (i.e., head unit) then you don't need a charger ** Hopefully Kyle with Defined can ping in here? I just had my battery replaced under warranty in January so I'm sure I'll be fine?

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not sure. Most of my BMW-owning friends use this as a tender. Not really as a "jump my car off" charger
I ve used CTEK on all my vehicles. But long story short of the video is, do not use the ctek type of charge for coding and expect it to maintain the voltage...

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
They also say you can use another car. I have another car but how do you know how much current is going into the Supra?

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Did anyone hear back from Defined? They're in the UK so timing is a bit hard. Kyle sent me an e-mail in the past when we tried to do it, but my Supra is over at the new place and I'm in the middle of moving so I can't try and program myself today. Hoping it will work.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They also say you can use another car. I have another car but how do you know how much current is going into the Supra?
The video also says using another video is not recommended... basically after watching that video... Iā€™m just like... so I shouldnt do it myself and risk anything -.-

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did anyone hear back from Defined? They're in the UK so timing is a bit hard. Kyle sent me an e-mail in the past when we tried to do it, but my Supra is over at the new place and I'm in the middle of moving so I can't try and program myself today. Hoping it will work.
Iā€™ve messaged them several times before they formally posted on this post. They said it wasnā€™t doable until now, I also dmā€™d them Earlier but havenā€™t heard back yet

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I guess ill be doing the same LOL
Looks super easy too. From my research 13 to 13.6 volts during programming is best.

just press the flash button and set the voltage, and youā€™re done. It lets you draw up to 70amps which we wonā€™t need. But at least we know itā€™s safe.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks super easy too. From my research 13 to 13.6 volts during programming is best.

just press the flash button and set the voltage, and youā€™re done. It lets you draw up to 70amps which we wonā€™t need. But at least we know itā€™s safe.
All thats left is for DefineCoding to respond back and we are golden! So excited for full screen carplay.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
All thats left is for DefineCoding to respond back and we are golden! So excited for full screen carplay.
I actually went with easybimmer due to the time zone but they should be the same thing.

nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue, 2013 GS 350 F Sport
Anyone got this done yet?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I got an appointment for tomorrow to get them to do this remotely. Will post results if positive. If negative I will post in the totaled forum lol
What charger are you usin?
Sponsored