Gasoline smell & CEL 190302

suki.supra

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra - Launch Edition #212
Hello everyone. I’m a bit stuck with a self diagnosis of my issue here. Before I explain, here’s what is done to my car;
Intake, charge pipe, catless DP, valvatronic exhaust, E50 and 91 maps on ECUTEK. Other than these engine mods, it’s all stock.

I have a somewhat major gasoline smell coming into the cabin from the AC whenever I’m at a stop. With the hood open, there’s a blow of hot air coming from the turbo area with a scent of exhaust fumes. At first I thought it’s the catless DP even though on E50 I never smelt anything like this but after switching to 91 map, I started to notice a smell and surely enough a week later I got a CEL. Code 190302.

Here’s what I think so far. I know it’s not my gas cap, I know it’s not an actual fuel leak because my MPGs have been very good the past few weeks,
it’s either the downpipe/turbo connection, the seal where the manifold is as shown in the picture, or my charcoal canister is full.

I notice the hot air coming from around where the manifold/header is on the turbo side as shown in the picture and am worried maybe my gasket is toast and it’s leaking air. What can cause this code?
IMG_4356.png
IMG_4369.jpeg

I do shoot massive flames occasionally but haven’t in a long time and this popped up after switching to my 91 map for the first time to save on gas since I commute to work.

I want to see what you guys think and think I should try doing before throwing stock parts back onto the car and taking it in under warranty.

Please and thank you! :cry:
Sponsored

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Um…. Did you notice the HUGE crack in your manifold or are you trolling us right now? Picture 3…… at first I thought it had to be a shadow, until I noticed the uniform fitting of you pushed them together….
IMG_2869.jpeg

OP
OP
suki.supra

suki.supra

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Um…. Did you notice the HUGE crack in your manifold or are you trolling us right now? Picture 3…… at first I thought it had to be a shadow, until I noticed the uniform fitting of you pushed them together….
IMG_2869.jpeg
Brotha you had me shittin bricks for a second. Ran to my car to check. No that’s not a crack, it’s the shadow. That raise is apart of the manifold/turbo

IMG_4381.jpeg

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Haha you see my blown up view of your 3rd picture, I looked at it multiple times, trying to see if shadow or crack. That’s 1 weird shadow then with the fine point, haha. Well, I’m glad it’s not cracked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
suki.supra

suki.supra

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DP to turbo gasket blown out?
I believe it might be this. Felt some hot air coming from that area but no visible smoke/evidence of exhaust fumes coming out, I’ll check it because I feel like this is the case.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I believe it might be this. Felt some hot air coming from that area but no visible smoke/evidence of exhaust fumes coming out, I’ll check it because I feel like this is the case.
Yup, let us know!
Sponsored