New owner… smoke and oil smell

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Just heard back from a friend at a Toyota dealership
IMG_4172.jpeg
I would push to return the car without any fees. What you are describing is not normal and an issue. Usually the 7 day return with stocking fees and shipping is for people who decide they just don’t want a car, not a car with potential engine issues and smoking oil/coolant.

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
I'd definitely return, ATs aren't exactly hard to come by for a reasonable price.

It sucks you have to deal with this though!

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Return it while you can imho. Instead of using a service like Carvana why not find the example you want and have it privately shipped to you?

Use the forum to have a member check out the car locally for you before you pull the trigger. Or hire a private service to inspect the car before making a remote purchase.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
If I were buying a used car from out of state, I'd fly there to check out the car and maybe have it inspected at the local dealership. If it checked out, I'd either have it shipped or have PPF applied and drive it back.

I have had a car shipped to me, but that was a new Corvette. Still, I should've flown to Alabama to look at it, since the top of the car, behind the targa top was not lined up with the mating section underneath it. It was a factory defect that should never have happened - shame on GM's quality employees and assemblers for letting it go.

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
On warranty, contrary to some, Toyota will honor as long as car is under the mileage AND under the year no matter who you bought it from. having said that, they may take a look what the issue is but they also may say the issue is not covered due to preconditions it has.

I agree with many. take the loss and return it. it may save you more money & headache down the line. you will find one you will enjoy if you are patient.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I'm surprised that there was no update and that this was a few months ago. Thanks @VinDiesell for reviving this thread so i can now be curious on what happened....

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I'm surprised that there was no update and that this was a few months ago. Thanks @VinDiesell for reviving this thread so i can now be curious on what happened....
This is alway a major problem with technical issues on forums. Someone comes on with a technical issue, people offer advice and await the outcome so everyone can maybe learn something and then there's either no update or just " took it to the dealer and they fixed it" without any specific details. A bit annoying.

Phil

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
This is alway a major problem with technical issues on forums. Someone comes on with a technical issue, people offer advice and await the outcome so everyone can maybe learn something and then there's either no update or just " took it to the dealer and they fixed it" without any specific details. A bit annoying.

Phil
I agree with Phil. Having closure is very beneficial, especially when searching for similar issues and solutions.
I have no conclusions regarding my diff leak which appears to be diminishing.

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
100% return it, also not trying to sound rude at all genuinely wondering, why would you buy a car with such high milage when you can pay a tad more and get a super low milage car? also cant you arrange buying a car from another dealer and having it shipped to you
Sponsored