Getting Chassis Errors in Dyno Mode (Disregard)

0xBADC0FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Tried looking around for what I am running into but could not find anything.

Yesterday I got my car on a dyno but every time I tried to enter dyno mode 10-15 errors would pop up (chassis stabilization, driver assist, axle lock, ect). This would stop me from entering dyno mode and make the car limp until I drove it around to clear codes.

With the car parked on the ground and codes cleared I could enter dyno mode no problem. The only difference I can think of is on the dyno the hood was open andthe car was strapped down (attached under the car in the rear and to the wheels in the front).

Has anyone ran into issues like this? Do I need different mount points? Am I making some mistake?

We are trying again today with someone familiar with BMWs. But looking for any extra input that could make this attempt successful.

Thanks!

Edit: everything worked fine today. Not sure what happened yesterday…

85A666EA-B83D-465C-9A08-E89D0E70FEB9.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

LMNFCTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I just experienced the same today... could not get a dyno pull and will have to go back. Do you have any pointers regarding what to do, or what NOT to do?

OP
OP
0xBADC0FFE

0xBADC0FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I just experienced the same today... could not get a dyno pull and will have to go back. Do you have any pointers regarding what to do, or what NOT to do?
Issue on my end was that they snapped the ride height sensor arm and the sensor was dangling. This will throw chassis errors and stop you from entering dyno mode. Make sure they are very careful when mounting the read part of the car to the dyno.

We got lucky the second day and the dangling arm/sensor was in a position that let us use dyno mode.

To fix this I had to get under the rear drivers side and re-attach the ride height sensor. I used a metal pin instead of ordering a new "correct" plastic piece.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Issue on my end was that they snapped the ride height sensor arm and the sensor was dangling. This will throw chassis errors and stop you from entering dyno mode. Make sure they are very careful when mounting the read part of the car to the dyno.

We got lucky the second day and the dangling arm/sensor was in a position that let us use dyno mode.

To fix this I had to get under the rear drivers side and re-attach the ride height sensor. I used a metal pin instead of ordering a new "correct" plastic piece.
Visconti and Vargas make billet replacement ride height sensors because of exactly this.
Sponsored